Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the forum but long time Subaru owner. 1st was a 1996 Impreza (long gone). Our 1999 Legacy wagon and 2005 Impreza are still in the family with our son and his wife in Cedar City, Ut. Our 2013 XV Crosstrek was handed down to our daughter, and after a couple Outbacks (one saved wife and daughter in bad wreck with a GMC pickup) we welcome our newest member, a 2019 Ascent. And, are currently looking for some beefier upgraded tires and wondering if anyone has yet to see what the largest size that will fit is. OEM 245/50R20, wondering if 255, or even 265/50R20's (approx 1" taller) will fit? I joined this forum after googling this question and seeing suggestions like "put 17 Crosstrek wheels with taller A/T tires". But the Impreza/Crosstrek/Forester have 5x100 bolt patterns while the Outback/Ascent are 5x114. Thank you for welcoming our family

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Hi. New to the forum but long time Subaru owner. 1st was a 1996 Impreza (long gone). Our 1999 Legacy wagon and 2005 Impreza are still in the family with our son and his wife in Cedar City, Ut. Our 2013 XV Crosstrek was handed down to our daughter, and after a couple Outbacks (one saved wife and daughter in bad wreck with a GMC pickup) we welcome our newest member, a 2019 Ascent. And, are currently looking for some beefier upgraded tires and wondering if anyone has yet to see what the largest size that will fit is. OEM 245/50R20, wondering if 255, or even 265/50R20's (approx 1" taller) will fit? I joined this forum after googling this question and seeing suggestions like "put 17 Crosstrek wheels with taller A/T tires". But the Impreza/Crosstrek/Forester have 5x100 bolt patterns while the Outback/Ascent are 5x114. Thank you for welcoming our family
Welcome!

This thread shows someone fitting 22s https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...2777-good-looking-tires-wheels.html#post38207

Feel free to use the search function to look up other tire and wheel threads as there has been a lot of discussion about it

·
Registered
357 Posts
welcome lots of good stuff on here

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
A very very select few 17" rims will fit over the massive calipers on the Ascent. The 2005 STI uses 17" rims, and it has smaller calipers. I do not think that the Outback's 17" rims will fit since the STI rims won't, but I am not sure, as I cannot get my hands on one to test.

I tried nine different 17" rims and settled on the ones in this post (nothing else fit or was sufficiently load rated):
https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...beefier-tire-recommendations-6.html#post37701

So, now you've got 22" options and 17" options (warning, the brake caliper clearance is miniscule).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.