Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating about the 'Foot well lighting option'. Just curious if anyone has any more info on it. Does it light front and middle row foot wells?
Its is always on or only when the doors are open? I assume the headlights need to be on maybe (dark outside). What color of light?

At the show checking out the Outback, I saw it had a cool little blue (I think) light inside the interior front door handle. The one you would grab to close the door. Is this light part of this option?

Did anyone add this option to your order?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not sure if this helps answer your question about the Ascent, but I put an OEM footwell illumination kit in my 2012 Forester. It is basically two lights (mine are blue but I think red may also have been available), mounted at the very bottom of the dash so they point at your feet, one for the driver and one for passenger. There’s a wire they plug into in the middle console, if I remember correctly there’s a connector off of a light in the middle near the 12v outlet that they connect to. I think I had to drill a little into the dash to mount them. It was a pretty easy install.

The lights turn on when you have the headlights on, and I think (not 100% sure) they go on when you open the door. They’re pretty bright, you can see the footwell pretty well and they are almost distracting at night.

In general I found the lights are just ok, definitely not a must-have. I didn’t order them on my Ascent, and I figured if I really wanted them I could buy them later and put them in myself. That is, assuming it works the same as the Forester.

·
Registered
967 Posts
At the show checking out the Outback, I saw it had a cool little blue (I think) light inside the interior front door handle. The one you would grab to close the door. Is this light part of this option?
That blue light on the Outback is standard on it, not part of an accessory illumination kit.

My spec sheet says the Touring Ascent has standard ambient interior lighting on all doors and the dash mid-tray, as well as footwell lighting for front seat positions and 2nd row outboard seat positions.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That blue light on the Outback is standard on it, not part of an accessory illumination kit.

My spec sheet says the Touring Ascent has standard ambient interior lighting on all doors and the dash mid-tray, as well as footwell lighting for front seat positions and 2nd row outboard seat positions.
Do you know if its and option for the Limited? The main thing I would like is lighting in the second row floor board for when the kids drop stuff, we can find it easier. But the dash tray light sounds kinda sweet too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Do you know if its and option for the Limited? The main thing I would like is lighting in the second row floor board for when the kids drop stuff, we can find it easier. But the dash tray light sounds kinda sweet too.
Looking at the spec sheet, lighted center storage tray and glovebox are standard across all models. The ambient lighting doesn't show as an option on anything but the touring. There is a footwell lighting kit that's an accessory for every model BUT the Touring.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Speaking of lighting does anyone know what specific lights are upgraded with the LED option? Is it all interior lights?

·
Administrator
7,817 Posts
Debating about the 'Foot well lighting option'. Just curious if anyone has any more info on it. Does it light front and middle row foot wells?
Its is always on or only when the doors are open? I assume the headlights need to be on maybe (dark outside). What color of light?

Did anyone add this option to your order?

Thanks!
The middle row has a light on the back of the front seat center console. I don't know if that's part of the option package or standard, since the models I saw were Touring and Limited.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Carl, Do you have any photos of the said interior lights
I haven't even seen an Ascent in person yet. We're not sure when the ride and drive is, but I'll be all over it with a fine toothed comb.

Speaking of lighting does anyone know what specific lights are upgraded with the LED option? Is it all interior lights?
For interior lighting, I presume it's going to be similar to the other LED upgrades we have, which are the interior lights. Map and dome lights. It does make a heck of a difference on how bright it is, I'm considering seeing if I can upgrade my wife's '15 Forester with them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the spec sheet, lighted center storage tray and glovebox are standard across all models. The ambient lighting doesn't show as an option on anything but the touring. There is a footwell lighting kit that's an accessory for every model BUT the Touring.
Carl, I'm glad you mentioned a light in the center storage. The Ascent at the show did not have one. Surely a pre-production issue. This gives me hope that some of the other quirks I noticed at the show will also be remedied.

·
Administrator
7,817 Posts
Carl, I'm glad you mentioned a light in the center storage. The Ascent at the show did not have one. Surely a pre-production issue. This gives me hope that some of the other quirks I noticed at the show will also be remedied.
I noticed a few missing or incomplete items. The press-circuit cars were built from November 2017 to January 2018 (that's from the production dates on the door plates). The production cars (per one of the product managers on site) start production next month. So, I suspect it's just a missing part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts