Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds weird but lately I am thinking my car is haunted. This is just one of the weird issues I am having.

The 3rd row drivers side reading light has randomly turned on all by itself at least 5 times now. I "thought" it was my kids doing it, but besides the fact that they don't sit back there and can't reach it, after it happening 2x, I started paying more attention. Now, every time I get out of the car, I make sure all internal lights are off. 3x times now, when NO ONE has been in the car for a whole day, the light is on when I go to get into the car. It makes no sense, these are touch/push on (other then door opening).

Anyone have this issue?

I am having other issues with the lift gate (got stuck closed and blaring alarm sounded until disconnecting battery), radio volume randomly increasing and extremely over sensitive driver assist.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Funny you should say this. I found a second row light and one of the front lights by the mirror turned on. Neither my wife or I remember turning them on. I figured we are just losing our minds and it was not the car, but who knows...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should say this. I found a second row light and one of the front lights by the mirror turned on. Neither my wife or I remember turning them on. I figured we are just losing our minds and it was not the car, but who knows...
Do you happen to remember if it was on the same side, like drivers side front and 2nd row light?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I know this sounds weird but lately I am thinking my car is haunted. This is just one of the weird issues I am having.

The 3rd row drivers side reading light has randomly turned on all by itself at least 5 times now. I "thought" it was my kids doing it, but besides the fact that they don't sit back there and can't reach it, after it happening 2x, I started paying more attention. Now, every time I get out of the car, I make sure all internal lights are off. 3x times now, when NO ONE has been in the car for a whole day, the light is on when I go to get into the car. It makes no sense, these are touch/push on (other then door opening).

Anyone have this issue?

I am having other issues with the lift gate (got stuck closed and blaring alarm sounded until disconnecting battery), radio volume randomly increasing and extremely over sensitive driver assist.
Might is have to do with the lighting settings so that as you approach the vehicle some interior lights come on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.