Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Interior Light Issue Solved!

19K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mackie 
#1 · (Edited)
Found the fix for us parents that wants the ability to keep the lights of in the ascent so out sleeping kids don't get a face full of light. Only had the car 2 weeks and started looking into it. Came across a thread stating #26 was the interior lights and seems like nothing else is attached to that fuse. I spoke to 2 sellers on etsy and was able to buy 2 pieces roughly $70-$75 for my entire (kit). 1st piece is a fuse bypass switch it uses a mini fuse type tap and that replaces where your 10A fuse goes in the interior fuse box than the inline fuse gets the actual 10A fuse, next I found a guy that 3d printed a switch that fits in the blank spots on the ascent. Got everything yesterday wired it up and works like a charm I will link the sellers items below and feel free to asked me any questions. The switch has an option for a led ring and I just spliced the wires and have the led ring light up only when the switch is activated and cuts the lights off so I know that I have them shut off. So happy I was able to find a fix for this. I also spoke with the guy selling the fuse bypass and he can make the end have a mini low profile tap fuse for an extra cost. View attachment 492
View attachment 493
View attachment 494 https://www.etsy.com/listing/658024593/mini-atm-fuse-bypass-disable-switch

https://www.etsy.com/listing/655803627/subaru-dash-switch-type-iv-3d-printed

See less See more
#4 ·
Beautiful job!!! Glad you got to this before me. My fuse extender bypass is still sitting next to me, lol!!! You rock!!!

#7 ·
Added some pictures of how I spliced them to the switch. Also finding out by a few of you that the #26 fuse is hooked up to a few things the car will still turn on but it cuts the signal to use the key fob to unlock the doors, and also heard if you have the front camera it attached to #26 but for me it still serves its purpose 100% took it to the drive in and worked like a charm and every time my little guy falls asleep its great.

Attachments

#9 ·
Burning question: would this work to deactivate the fuse that powers the computer that remains active while the vehicle tailgate remains open, thereby draining the battery after a few hours, and, if so, does anyone know which fuse is the one that is involved in this function?

Seems like the perfect solution to this extremely aggravating issue. Based on what I’ve read on the Subaru Ascent Dead Battery group on Facebook, Subaru maintains that the vehicle is operating as designed.

#11 ·
No, the issue is more complicated than just the interior lights coming on or remaining on. According to Subaru, leaving the tailgate open causes the “body integrated unit” to remain active, which will drain the battery in a few hours. I am hoping that a fuse bypass switch on the correct fuse would disable the relevant sensor and allow the tailgate to be left open. There is a long thread on the issue here:

#12 ·
Found the fix for us parents that wants the ability to keep the lights of in the ascent so out sleeping kids don't get a face full of light. Only had the car 2 weeks and started looking into it. Came across a thread stating #26 was the interior lights and seems like nothing else is attached to that fuse. I spoke to 2 sellers on etsy and was able to buy 2 pieces roughly $70-$75 for my entire (kit). 1st piece is a fuse bypass switch it uses a mini fuse type tap and that replaces where your 10A fuse goes in the interior fuse box than the inline fuse gets the actual 10A fuse, next I found a guy that 3d printed a switch that fits in the blank spots on the ascent. Got everything yesterday wired it up and works like a charm I will link the sellers items below and feel free to asked me any questions. The switch has an option for a led ring and I just spliced the wires and have the led ring light up only when the switch is activated and cuts the lights off so I know that I have them shut off. So happy I was able to find a fix for this. I also spoke with the guy selling the fuse bypass and he can make the end have a mini low profile tap fuse for an extra cost. View attachment 492
View attachment 493
View attachment 494 This item is unavailable | Etsy

Subaru Dash Switch Type IV (3D Printed)
Just curious if you know of any other sellers of the fuse bypass? The first link doesn’t seem to link up to what must’ve been available last year, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.