Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two days, I approach the car and my interior convenience lights come on the way they are supposed to. Upon entering the vehicle I notice a distinct humming sound coming from one or both lughts above the mirror. I can click it, turn it off and the humming stops so I know it is the light. Maybe a loose connection? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Talking about the map lights?...try removing the cover and have a closer listen,make sure the bulbs are pushed in all the way.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talking about the map lights?...try removing the cover and have a closer listen,make sure the bulbs are pushed in all the way.
they do not hum when I simply turn them on. They only hum after they go on as I approach and first enter the vehicle so it can not be a loose bulb, otherwise they would hum anytime they were on.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
OEM original lights or OEM/aftermarket LEDs?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
no upgrades, just whatever came with the Limited trim.
Could be a dying bulb or a loose connection like you suspected. If it's the map lights, I'd go with dying bulb, since those things are jammed into the socket (as you'll see when you possibly accidentally shatter the bulb trying to get it out of the socket, like most of the rest of us did to at least one of the two). ;)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be a dying bulb or a loose connection like you suspected. If it's the map lights, I'd go with dying bulb, since those things are jammed into the socket (as you'll see when you possibly accidentally shatter the bulb trying to get it out of the socket, like most of the rest of us did to at least one of the two). ;)
I had planned on just letting my dealership know via email and then at my convenience bring it in. The light from the bulbs are dim and somewhat flickering so I suspected the loose connection with these front lights. I saw no point to taking care of this myself given it is under warranty and the dealership is easy to work with. I figure I can make an appointment to get it done within fifteen minutes of me arriving. I am not sure why it does not hum when driving and I turn on the same lights.

Hey you know this guy? He likes saying spudger. :)

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Hey you know this guy? He likes saying spudger. :)
I don't like him. I hung out with him last August, and he dragged me all over the country on a crazy road trip into the desert!!!!! Took weeks to get the clay, dirt and sand out of all of my stuff!!! And I've seen how those movies end!!! :mad::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, perhaps I've spent too long working on laptops... Apple was especially fond of the term. "Yeah, I need a case tool...", "you mean a spudger". "Uh, yes." 😁

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't like him. I hung out with him last August, and he dragged me all over the country on a crazy road trip into the desert!!!!! Took weeks to get the clay, dirt and sand out of all of my stuff!!! And I've seen how those movies end!!! :mad::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, perhaps I've spent too long working on laptops... Apple was especially fond of the term. "Yeah, I need a case tool...", "you mean a spudger". "Uh, yes." 😁
I do have a large set of these tools, mostly unused to this point. I hated to hear the sound of broken plastic clips/fasteners.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I do have a large set of these tools, mostly unused to this point. I hated to hear the sound of broken plastic clips/fasteners.
When it came to cars, I thought I could do without them - and usually I could...

But once I got and used my first decent car kit, I fell in love. I actually have a spare now. It's just so much quicker, and so much less likely to break a clip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts