Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the white-ish interior pieces that are scattered across the sales literature? I initially thought they were part of the ivory interior package but am also seeing them in the java Touring interior photos. I guess I'm wondering if these pieces will also be in the darker interior colors and/or on all models?

So much of the literature has just been java Touring and ivory Limited interiors, I just can't tell.

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. With the black interior option, I wonder if these Ivory accents will be replaced with black leather. I don't think the Ivory accents will match so well with black.

I'm also waiting to see pictures of base / premium interiors to see if the cloth upholstery has similar accents, or if they will have a different style trim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, even seemed weird on the Touring. Initially thought it was a concept car sort of thing but there it is in all of the literature. Huh.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, even seemed weird on the Touring. Initially thought it was a concept car sort of thing but there it is in all of the literature. Huh.
In the Touring at the Portland auto show I thought the ivory accents looked nice with the Java. Our dealer told us that the black interior won’t have the ivory and will look very similar to the black interior of the Outback minus the faux wood trim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the Touring at the Portland auto show I thought the ivory accents looked nice with the Java. Our dealer told us that the black interior won’t have the ivory and will look very similar to the black interior of the Outback minus the faux wood trim.
Well that's good news. Love the OB interior. Thanks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Black leather seats

Has anyone seen the black leather seats on the Ascent? Are they a black black or gray black etc?
Is there another model of Subaru I could look at to get a idea of the color?

·
Registered
195 Posts
KBB now has a ton of pictures including non-touring models.
Thanks for sharing this! These pictures are the first I have seen of an Ascent with a cloth interior, and with a black interior as well. These shots make it clear that the limited and touring models are more upscale, but even this lower trim (base / premium?) looks like a nice place to be!

EDIT - The kbb.com website has loads of pictures of every trim level. Everyone go check it out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
After looking through these, I am not a huge fan of the ivory dash / door accents together with the black upholstery. I wish they would have made the ivory accents silver or something else coherent with the black upholstery options, especially since it appears the trim pieces are just checkered patterned plastic moldings on the lower trim levels.

I don't see myself buying a family vehicle with white (ivory) upholstery, and my wife hates the Java Brown of the Touring, so I am kind of dissapointed in the black option right now. I would want to vinyl wrap those ivory pieces to be happy with the apperance.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ivory with black leather

Maybe we should all email Subaru telling them what a poor choice the ivory accents are with the black interior.....Couldn’t hurt.....Maybe a gray carbon fiber accent would be better? Or silver, something other than that ivory color.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ivory and Black

After looking through these, I am not a huge fan of the ivory dash / door accents together with the black upholstery. I wish they would have made the ivory accents silver or something else coherent with the black upholstery options, especially since it appears the trim pieces are just checkered patterned plastic moldings on the lower trim levels.

I don't see myself buying a family vehicle with white (ivory) upholstery, and my wife hates the Java Brown of the Touring, so I am kind of dissapointed in the black option right now. I would want to vinyl wrap those ivory pieces to be happy with the apperance.
If the slate black leather seats/interior comes with the hideous ivory dash and door accents strips, is there Some way to replace them? Where would a person go?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If the slate black leather seats/interior comes with the hideous ivory dash and door accents strips, is there Some way to replace them? Where would a person go?
I don't think it would be too hard to wrap them in whatever finish you would want. They look like pretty straight pieces so might not be hard to do on your own.

·
Administrator
7,832 Posts
Go to a good wrap place. They can wrap them in a variety of other faux-materials, including "chrome", "brushed stainless/aluminum", carbon fiber, "carbon fiber", "leather", "plastic", etc. Quotes to denote fake material that looks like whatever is in quotes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I found a video on Facebook of an interior with black cloth and it does in fact have the ivory trim on the dash and doors.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So I found a video on Facebook of an interior with black cloth and it does in fact have the ivory trim on the dash and doors.

These are all pre-production models so something will/can change but I think the ivory piece is there to stay, and it is the same on all models and interior colors.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I feel the same way, but I do like that it is actually a shelf that can come in handy big time.
Yes, the design is great...the shelf(s) is a nice design feature.....If it weren’t for the ivory I would be 100% in.....If it bugs me that much I guess I could have the ivory “wrapped” as mentioned in others posts....
Decisions..........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just wanted to give this thread a bump and see if anybody has had the ivory interior pieces on the dash and doors vinyl wrapped and if so, can you post pics? I’m wondering how hard this is to do. I’m assuming these pieces just pop off. Could plastidip be used too? Id really like to cover those pieces as I think the color is terrible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts