Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Ascent, there's a light above the center flip-down cupholder cover in the 2nd row right below the USB connections. I'm assuming this is for floor illumination when getting in/out of the car. My sons noticed the light on this morning and it won't go off. Door/Off light switch is set to "Off". Headlights set to off. Car turned off. No change, the light stays on. Anyone know where the control for this specific interior light is? I can't find anything about it in the manual or online. Really don't want to have my battery die while I'm at work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had an interior light stay on while driving. Had loaded several pictures and boxes in second seat and apparently hit light and turned it on. Checked manual and saw nothing of value. Saw a post here and checked out. Just need to close door and push light and went off. Subaru should note this in manual or elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I checked this in mine yesterday. It's on when the ignition is on. With the ignition off, it comes on when a door is open. When the door is shut, it fades to off along with the rear dome lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was the problem - mine did not fade and go off. Apparently the way to turn light on for reading, etc is to push it up and push down to turn off. I must have turned on accidentally by pushing it up while loading items and it stayed on which would have eventually run battery down. Manual made no reference re: turning light on/off.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
221 Posts
That was the problem - mine did not fade and go off. Apparently the way to turn light on for reading, etc is to push it up and push down to turn off. I must have turned on accidentally by pushing it up while loading items and it stayed on which would have eventually run battery down. Manual made no reference re: turning light on/off.
My dogs (230# between the 2 of them and the sole reason we bought the Ascent) turn the lights on with their heads all the time.
We check every night after they’ve been in the car before we go to bed to make sure they didn’t do it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes, I had that occur on mine; accidentally bumped a dome light on which drained the battery after two days of not driving. There is no indication that the light is switched on other than it not going off after the others do. My previous comments in this thread were in reference to the little light behind the rear of the center console, which is what the OP was inquiring about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.