Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume all Ascents will do this but I don’t recall ever seeing it before on any other vehicle so worth showing! These spots show up after we’ve driven in snow, ice, etc which freezes to the side of the car. The ice will blanket the whole thing but doesn’t seem to freeze in these spots. Then, when it thaws in the garage, were left with these patterns in the leftover dirt.
I’m guessing there are spot welds or something under there as they appear the same on both sides.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
interesting. Something must be transferring heat to those spots to keep the ice from forming. It will be interesting to find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
interesting. Something must be transferring heat to those spots to keep the ice from forming. It will be interesting to find out.
Could be the inner reinforcements inside the door panel. They touch off to the outer body at certain points.
Here's an example a reinforcement in the door panel (stole this off of google images, so not sure what vehicle this if from):

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmm those spots are very curious spots! I haven't experience much freezing/icy temperatures yet in my neck of the woods to see if mines has the same pattern on the paint. They would align with the normal locations of safety reinforcements placed in car doors. I'll report back if mines does the same.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Having just replaced my speakers and using the speaker holes to slap some Dynamat on the inside of the door skins that is where the Boron beams run that keep us safer..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.