Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are they like a standard house window roller shade, where you have to pre-load the shade (wrap it on the roller) when the core cylinder is unsprung, so that the act of unrolling the shade causes tension in the spring? Just guessing (mine came installed, but it seems logical from how mine operate; they are sprung like house roller shades).
F.S.

·
Super Moderator
6,550 Posts
Are they like a standard house window roller shade, where you have to pre-load the shade (wrap it on the roller) when the core cylinder is unsprung, so that the act of unrolling the shade causes tension in the spring? Just guessing (mine came installed, but it seems logical from how mine operate; they are sprung like house roller shades).
F.S.
Yes, I believe they are "roll-up" tensioned, and need to be rolled like a window shade to put tension on them.

Problem is, you shouldn't have to do anything to tension them, if the instructions are correct.

Is there something rubbing against them, or is the old inner trim piece still in place?

Check out Page 4:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inner trim is out. I even removed the panel after first install and wound the shade manually. I can not get these things to retract

·
Super Moderator
6,550 Posts
They only appear to install in one direction. That said, maybe wound backwards? Can someone post a video of how to raise/lower?
It's dark and rainy out, so this isn't the best quality video, but, hopefully it helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Super helpful! Thank you! I will check alignment tomorrow, but I’m fairly certain it’s installed correctly

I am guessing it wasn’t loaded properly when I installed it. Not sure, if I take door panel off again, if I just manually wind it (and what direction to do so)

ugh. Mrs Sirk98 never letting me live this down 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts