Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
My uncles ‘32 Model A Roadster had those ditch lights, non LED off course. ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I used the ADF Crosstrek ditch light brackets. You can also use the LP ones. Both brackets require triming/cutting of the wiper cowel.
Awesome. I may have to try that. Looks great! Do you mind posting a picture of how much trimming or how it fits ? Much appreciated.
ps. A mi th or so ago you asked for video of the catback exhaust. I posted a video for your acoustic pleasure.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why the crosstrek vs the forester or the outback? Did you talk with ADF or LP? To which would work best for a retrofit?
I know someone else who used the LP ones from a Crosstrek they confirm that they work. I just went with the ADF ones since they seem to have a little more range and in terms of the slots for the hood bolts.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dumb question, what are ditch lights? BTW, isn't your luggage carrier facing the wrong way? It looks like the bluntbend is facing forward.
Ditch lights are used to light up the shoulders of a trail so you can see where you're going and don't end up getting stuck into a ditch or run into something.
My Thule cargo box is installed correctly, that's just the way the Motion XT like looks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know this is an older thread - but have you noticed any increased noise from the ditch lights from wind?
Initially I did, quite a bit actually. It does change the aerodynamics while driving. I also have the Prinsu roof rack. Prinsu roof rack not much noise on its own prior to ditch lights. I installed the "noise reducing trim" to the front edge of the blade which eliminated any noise. I don't notice any at this point.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could you post pictures of the cut out on the plastic? I contacted LP Design and they didn't recommend as you needed to cut something!.

Thanks
Yeah they don't specifically make one for the Ascent. I think I purchased the newest Crosstrek version on the recommendation of another member here. I did not cut or trim any coweling. It's a tight fit and very slightly deflects the plastic coweling. In fact it's not really noticeable at all anymore. I would do it again. It's an easy install and uninstall for the mount. The wiring of the lights is another story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah they don't specifically make one for the Ascent. I think I purchased the newest Crosstrek version on the recommendation of another member here. I did not cut or trim any coweling. It's a tight fit and very slightly deflects the plastic coweling. In fact it's not really noticeable at all anymore. I would do it again. It's an easy install and uninstall for the mount. The wiring of the lights is another story.
Thank you, Matt. what was difficult? getting it through the firewall?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.