Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the head unit update, I washed the vehicle and as I was finishing, my Rokblokz (RB) mud flaps arrived. So I installed them.

There was something off to me about the pictures I have seen with Rally Armor (RA) flaps on the Ascent . I have used them (RA) in the past, but I thought I'd give the RB a shot for the Ascent.

Install is pretty straight forward, but you have to remove the back wheels. You probably spend more time doing that than doing anything else. Below is the finished product. Time will tell how well they keep dirt off the car. It is supposed to be dry here for a while so after the next series of rain, I will post an update.

Pros:
Easy to install
Rigid, wont flap in the wind
Better finish IMO over the RAs
Can be used with or without the factory splash guards.

Cons:
Not for me, but if you are wider than a 45Offset with a 245/60-18 tire, you might not get complete coverage. See pic (car was at a slight downslope....mudflaps are truly level)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sorry, in my opinion, I think the Rally Armor flaps look considerably better. The RA material looks better too, and I can assure you that they don't flap in the wind. These look too stiff, like low-cost flaps. And no need to remove tires to install.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, in my opinion, I think the Rally Armor flaps look considerably better. The RA material looks better too, and I can assure you that they don't flap in the wind. These look too stiff, like low-cost flaps. And no need to remove tires to install.
I think it is the glossy finish of the urethane on the RAs next to the "carbon fiber" texture on the Ascent that I don't like. Again, I have RAs on my Impreza and like they way they look there. Had RAs on my Outback as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts