Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my shipment of maintenance parts in today along with an extra hitch cover and front license plate bracket SOA342L120. It gets the front plate off of the front bumper to prevent any scratches and such. Thanks Lithia Subaru of Oregon City!

*That first pic should be rotated 90 CW

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I got my shipment of maintenance parts in today along with an extra hitch cover and front license plate bracket SOA342L120. It gets the front plate off of the front bumper to prevent any scratches and such. Thanks Lithia Subaru of Oregon City!

*That first pic should be rotated 90 CW
I'm sticking a couple rubber feet behind mine so it doesn't get pushed up against it by driving "wind", etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you predrill the holes in the bumper? Ours has two small divots where the plate will go--looking into ordering the plate holder. Great Pics! I was curious what it looked like looking down behind once installed. Being in a salt heavy northern state I have been taping off the front of my plates with painters tape, using underbody spray on the back and the very edge of the plate, then spraying everything but the adhesive tags in the corner with clear coat. Have yet to have rust form on any of my plates in years. Prior to that I would always get some rust from the screws or plate embedded into the paint of whatever car.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Did you predrill the holes in the bumper? Ours has two small divots where the plate will go--looking into ordering the plate holder. Great Pics! I was curious what it looked like looking down behind once installed. Being in a salt heavy northern state I have been taping off the front of my plates with painters tape, using underbody spray on the back and the very edge of the plate, then spraying everything but the adhesive tags in the corner with clear coat. Have yet to have rust form on any of my plates in years. Prior to that I would always get some rust from the screws or plate embedded into the paint of whatever car.
Also curious if pre-drilling was necessary.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you predrill the holes in the bumper? Ours has two small divots where the plate will go--looking into ordering the plate holder.
Like you said, there are usually divots or small impressions where the 2 screws can be used for mounting the plate. They were there on my Impreza and old Outback. All you need to do is hand screw in them and they will tap just fine. I had the privilege of the dealer mounting their frame and paper advertising plate to every car they get before they hit the lot. So the "holes" were there for me already. While I prefer a clean front bumper, I didn't mind as much on the Ascent as there was no tow-hook access hole on the bumper to use the relocation bracket from Subispeed like I did on my Impreza. This bracket does allow for cleaning behind the plate and only contacts the bumper with the 2 rubber spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.