Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I ordered the Console Vault on Friday the 4th of Dec. It arrived by FEDEX on Wed 9 Dec. I installed today on 10 Dec.

The hardest part of the installation was cleaning the console out . Did not realize how much stuff I threw in there.

Step 1. Clean out console
Step 2. Place in console space
Step 3. Insert Bolts
Step 4. Close, lock and finished.

Fits great and Change holder still sits on top of it.

Forgive the pictures, I am not a photographer.

Can be taken out if the center console is ripped out.

It is still on sale if you want one for Christmas.

Disclaimer I do not work for or have shares or received any compensation from Console Vault. Just been wanting one for about 1 year.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like a nice install, how much did it cost though? I think I'll stick with not losing almost the only storage in front. I like an underseat lockbox instead.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a nice install, how much did it cost though? I think I'll stick with not losing almost the only storage in front. I like an underseat lockbox instead.
With the 20% discount til Christmas, including shipping, it was about $215.20 and much easier to access than under the seat. but I do miss the storage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Underseat is tricky in this car due to the electrical equipment and AC ducts under there. It fits okay under the passenger though takes some fiddling to take out. The driver's side is a no-go. Underseat usually implies a cable looped around something that wouldn't be terribly hard to cut. This console storage doesn't have the same weakness.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I picked up one from their Independence Day sale and received it the day before our trip to Tennessee. I got the four digit upgrade lock and it worked out well when needing to store my firearm because I couldn’t wear it where I was headed, such as Dollywood. It won’t keep out a determined thief, nor will a 600 lbs in home safe. I can’t see the average teenage ”unlocked door checker” getting into it in a quick manner…especially without any tools. It’s better than the prior gun case that I used to use that was cabled around the area where a seat is anchored to the vehicle. It’s much easier to access than any under seat safe that I’ve previously used.

I did add my own DIY upgrade in that I used a small battery powered LED that magnetically attaches to the vault to provide light within the safe. I highly recommend, as it’s a cheap and easy way to locate items with the darkened console vault, especially at night.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
why would I need to lock my first aid kit and an usb? Too small for most firearms. My wallet comes with me.
Haha! Those were in the console prior and I just haven’t relocated them. I thought about removing them for the photo, along with the sunglasses case, but thought it was funny while also providing a size reference. As for what it fits, it easily holds either my LCP II (Sneaky Pete holster) or Hellcat (N8tactical professional holster), even both at the same time. Plus, not every forum website is appreciative of firearm photos when it comes to ToS.

For our whitewater rafting trip, the vault easily held what is in the photo, my LCP II, three iPhones, and my antiquated and fat bifold wallet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts