Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this idea after doing the install on my tundra.

Added two led waterproof lighting strip on each side of the hood to illuminate the engine bay. I found that I hated trying to find a flashlight when checking the oil dip stick or refilling fluid in the garage or in the dark.

There's a hood pin that completes the circuit when it's opened. Otherwise it's off when closed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks good. I was thinking of doing something like that. What gear did you use? I was thinking of something similar to this truckbed lighting setup.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. I was thinking of doing something like that. What gear did you use? I was thinking of something similar to this truckbed lighting setup.
Here's my truck setup

Stuff I bought are

1. wiring
2. hood pin
3. led

don't forget to use a fuse holder and wire loom to conceal and make it look pretty.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That switch connects the terminal to its body when it's closed (hood open). The body of the switch is grounded to the metal where it's mounted. So +12V to the lights, lights to the switch terminal, terminal to ground when the hood is opened.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! How do you wire to that switch? I only see one terminal. :unsure:
See blow.. :) Yes

That switch connects the terminal to its body when it's closed (hood open). The body of the switch is grounded to the metal where it's mounted. So +12V to the lights, lights to the switch terminal, terminal to ground when the hood is opened.
Thanks for responding.. I've been busy with other things so I haven't had a chance to come in but that is correct. the terminal is grounded, when pushed down it loses contact when it pushes up it completes the circuit thus the magic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.