Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. Doesn't seem to occupy too much real estate. Thank you for sharing this option with a picture.
Not a problem. I got tired of my vent clip blocking the vent and blasting my phone with cold and hot air. And given that ProClip still doesn't have an option for the Ascent, I decided to go this route, so it wouldn't obstruct my view or the controls. That and their black Friday deal didn't hurt either. Lol.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which model Proclip mount are you using?
I'm using the following, I had to add a some plastic trim edge molding and some double-sided tape for it to work. I didn't want to trim the console just so the mount grip it properly.

ProClip Adjustable Console Mount - Adjustable Console Mount 132 - 181 mm (5.2 - 7.1 in)
Item: 830530

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had one in a similar location on my Volvo and it got knocked by my older son and wife when they sat in the front passenger seat. I ended up getting a vent-clip and taking it off when not needed instead. ProClips now has a mount (I emailed them) for the Ascent, but it is kind of behind the steering wheel and in a way I think my phone, even horizontally, would block visibility of the top middle screen and maybe part of the main screen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had one in a similar location on my Volvo and it got knocked by my older son and wife when they sat in the front passenger seat. I ended up getting a vent-clip and taking it off when not needed instead. ProClips now has a mount (I emailed them) for the Ascent, but it is kind of behind the steering wheel and in a way I think my phone, even horizontally, would block visibility of the top middle screen and maybe part of the main screen.
Have had 3 of their mounts, rock solid. I use a flat magnet instead of their cradle.

But with Apple CarPlay I no longer need line of sight from my phone. They did do a good job integrating it into the sleek interior. Would be a good place to mount a Scangauge or Ham radio display face.

Current I have a vent magnet on the passenger side but it gets too hot when I have the heat on.

https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/dashboard-mounts/11574-subaru-ascent/2019

On the “JDM” RHD Ascent ?

I’ll probably pick one up anyways

·
Registered
559 Posts
I use a cup holder mount. I've had these on three other vehicles. I like them because you can get them at various heights so your phone or GPS can be placed exactly where you want.

I don't miss the lost cup holder space because there are so many cupholders on most vehicles these days.

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Smartphone-Cradle-Extended-Holder/dp/B00M4LV5H0/ref=pd_sim_107_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00M4LV5H0&pd_rd_r=c8be3306-1a04-11e9-a1d6-d7c18bc79752&pd_rd_w=NNC4E&pd_rd_wg=qoQFO&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=JHK4T1ETC5ZMMBD12F8E&psc=1&refRID=JHK4T1ETC5ZMMBD12F8E

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have had 3 of their mounts, rock solid. I use a flat magnet instead of their cradle.

But with Apple CarPlay I no longer need line of sight from my phone. They did do a good job integrating it into the sleek interior. Would be a good place to mount a Scangauge or Ham radio display face.

Current I have a vent magnet on the passenger side but it gets too hot when I have the heat on.

Whoa, I went to that proclips link and the photos are all mirrored, so everything is backwards. Wierd!

·
Registered
542 Posts

Whoa, I went to that proclips link and the photos are all mirrored, so everything is backwards. Wierd!
Looks like they fixed it, but still doesn’t give a good idea of how it fits or what it obscures. Looks like it covers some of the speedometer

Attachments

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like they fixed the images now. If anyone wants to order one, here a 20% off discount code they gave me: RAINCHECK.
I'm going to pass on this since I'm happy with my current setup but I figure I'd pass this code on to other members who are interested in it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks like they fixed the images now. If anyone wants to order one, here a 20% off discount code they gave me: RAINCHECK.
I'm going to pass on this since I'm happy with my current setup but I figure I'd pass this code on to other members who are interested in it.
Good lookin out!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,210 Posts
Thanks for this thread...it's more or less the setup that I want to have once my Ascent Touring arrives. Even with CarPlay, I still prefer to have my phone where I can see and get to it and also have it secure. I know this was posted this while ago, but if some additional photos can be added that show what was necessary to get the universal console mount to work with the Ascent's console geometry, I'll be appreciative.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,210 Posts
It's frustrating to see so many missing pictures. Do they automatically get deleted after a certain time has passed?
No. The forum software was recently changed to a more modern system and some images were inadvertently lost. The administrators are aware of the issue.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I didn't want to spend the money on anything like the proclip since 99% of the time I have my phone running through Android Auto, so I picked up one of these from Amazon and stuck on the flat "shelf" right above the head unit screen.

Figured I'd post up an alternative option for anyone who might not want to spend the money on the Proclip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts