Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!,

I got the OEM hitch last week and decided to install it myself since the installation prices at the dealership (as everybody knows are crazy - was quoted U$S 900 in Colorado).

Anyways, I got the part:
- Subaru Trailer Hitch - L101SXC004 | Subaru Online Parts

and followed the installation video:

In the minute 10:06 they mention to install the cover plates and I didn't get those cover plates with the part L101SXC004 (even though it looks like is included in the pictures).
I just want to know if anybody run into the same problem installing the hitch and if I need to buy those parts separated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, updating my question since I found another user answering this, on another post.
Those cover plates were removed from 003 and 004 part and seems they are not needed.
Will try to finish the installation tomorrow and ill publish some pics.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I finished the installation today. Some takeaways from the journey:

• Buy extra push pin fasteners (reference number 4 mentioned in page 5 of the manual - 20210118_141540.jpg). They just break when trying to take them out. Even they guy in the video mentioned that
  • Grommet on pic 20210118_112508.jpg is kind of hard to install. Took me a while to put that in - not because is difficult but because there is not much extra wire harness in that place so is a tight fit.
  • Sticky tape on the zip tie mounts suck. Just buy a good double sided tape and replace them. At least for me, almost all the mounts got off right after installing them.

Considering that I never changed a flat tire, this was a good experience. No surprises and saved U$S500! really happy on how straightforward it was.
I believe that it took me about 4hs to install in total. I just took my time, reviewing the manual and watching the video over and over to make sure I don't missed anything.

I hope this helps somebody else!
Mauro.-

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Alright, I finished the installation today. Some takeaways from the journey:

• Buy extra push pin fasteners (reference number 4 mentioned in page 5 of the manual - 20210118_141540.jpg). They just break when trying to take them out. Even they guy in the video mentioned that
  • Grommet on pic 20210118_112508.jpg is kind of hard to install. Took me a while to put that in - not because is difficult but because there is not much extra wire harness in that place so is a tight fit.
  • Sticky tape on the zip tie mounts suck. Just buy a good double sided tape and replace them. At least for me, almost all the mounts got off right after installing them.

Considering that I never changed a flat tire, this was a good experience. No surprises and saved U$S500! really happy on how straightforward it was.
I believe that it took me about 4hs to install in total. I just took my time, reviewing the manual and watching the video over and over to make sure I don't missed anything.

I hope this helps somebody else!
Mauro.-
Use a couple of plain old twist ties off a bread wrapper (or any wire) instead of those crazy push pin fasteners. I use two, twisted together for each whole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts