Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
When you refer to the stock intake net, are you referring to the part of the air filter that is separate from the air filter itself? I believe it's a carbon filter?
Correct the CarbonFilter. If you decide to remove the carbon filter I do recommend resetting the ecu(removal of neg battery terminal for 20 mins). I saw really crappy gas mileage when I first removed the carbon filter. I decided to do an ecu reset and my mileage improved and stayed consistent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright guys so I tried to contact Injen about the throttle controller because I believe the Ascent would benefit from a Eco/Normal/Sport mode. They never responded back and I just decided I would just purchase the Subaru version hoping it works. If not I would give it to my wife. Today I received it and it took me about 10 mins to install( 5 mins to hide wires). Voila it works! I have yet to play around with all the modes but eco mode 5 seems the most comfortable right now but eco 6 might actually produce some great MPG numbers because driving through the city the car never saw more than 15% throttle. Sport mode is pretty crazy I dont think its needed but if you thought acceleration was crazy stock, sport mode turns it into a Ferrari(okay not Ferrari but it does amp the car up). I wouldnt jump out to buy it yet until I test a little more and maybe we can get Injen to join the forum and give a group rate and it would make a great xmas gift/or request! Tomorrow I have to take about a 50mile drive and ill let you know if this thing will actually help fuel economy because then it pays for itself in the long run.
Heres a quick picture of where I put it for now. and Link to model purchased.Throttle Controllers
I’ve been looking for a throttle controller for my 20 outback with the 2.4 turbo from the Ascent. After reading your post and clicking the linkI didn’t see the Ascent listed but down to give it a try. So just looking for help from another Subaru person that has dealt with this.
Thanks for the help.

121 - 122 of 122 Posts