Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could swear that when I first bought our Ascent back in September, that the infotainment screen would boot up to whatever the last used function was... FM, XM, Navigation, etc. Recently I've noticed that it boots up to the 'home' screen and then I have to select which function I want.

Has it always been like this? Am I losing my mind? I looked in the manual and didn't find anything about a default screen setting.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Most of the time, mine boots to the home screen but often enough it starts up to the FM Radio screen that I pretty much always use when not traveling. Regardless, the of the screen, the radio is playing.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I'm on the current software release which didn't change the system from mostly starting up at the Home screen even though I keep it on Map 100% of the time. It returns to the Map screen about 1 out of 4 start ups.

It has always done this and I'd like to be able to set a favorite or default screen on start up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, we'll its good to know I'm not entirely loosing my mind! Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here. Always leave on FM screen, this week it has been starting to the home screen. Starlink along with the current firmware must be doing this. I mention Starlink because it only started happening this week and I received the current firmware update back in November/early December.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.