Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine from another town asked me about the Navigation option on the Ascent I have the 8in screen with starling but no navigation ,Is the Navigation system installed in the 8in and if you wanted to after purchasing can you get navigation after its delivered , I said ill ask here ??

·
Registered
764 Posts
A friend of mine from another town asked me about the Navigation option on the Ascent I have the 8in screen with starling but no navigation ,Is the Navigation system installed in the 8in and if you wanted to after purchasing can you get navigation after its delivered , I said ill ask here ??
It can only be ordered from the factory. Navigation within the 8" screen is not a dealer added option. You can however use apple carplay or android auto to put the nav from your phone onto the screen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jason i was under the impression that it was like Onstar, where as you have in the system and you call to activate the Nav system it would be so much easier for people to be able to subscribe to navigation system as they pleased?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Thanks jason i was under the impression that it was like Onstar, where as you have in the system and you call to activate the Nav system it would be so much easier for people to be able to subscribe to navigation system as they pleased?
You are far better off using Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Updates are free and accurate.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The problem with Android Auto (and Apple Carplay?) is that the data is not free. Unless you have an unlimited data plan it could cost you a lot more. What if there is no cell signal?

Also - "In most vehicles, when Android Auto is running, much of the vehicle system information that you would typically see on the screen is covered up. You have to exit Android Auto to get to functions such as climate control or car setup."

·
Registered
292 Posts
Get the Nav option, so much easier/quicker than having to hook up your phone every time you get in the car.

Unlike Onstar, which I used to have, too, no monthly subscription charges, unless you want to keep your SXM going (which does provide with live traffic reports).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I decided I good with directions and for the added expense I’ll stay w my Garmin Navi never failed and no charge or hassle with updating so when I go on trips I’ll use that and very accurate as long as you update

Jerry

·
Registered
553 Posts
I believe that we get Sirius Select Plan (music, talk shows, CNN, etc), XM Travel Link & Traffic free for the 1st three years. The "Travel Link" is Sports, Weather, Gas Prices, etc. Traffic - is just that, Traffic. I have both right now and pay $230 a year.

Take a look at their website www.siriusixm.com and see all the radio stations you get. Tons of them.

And for the first 4 months, I believe we get "All Access" - mean free on your car, cellphone and computer. After the 1st 4 months, you have to pay for the cellphone and computer but not the car.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I believe that we get Sirius Select Plan (music, talk shows, CNN, etc), XM Travel Link & Traffic free for the 1st three years. The "Travel Link" is Sports, Weather, Gas Prices, etc. Traffic - is just that, Traffic. I have both right now and pay $230 a year.

Take a look at their website www.siriusixm.com and see all the radio stations you get. Tons of them.

And for the first 4 months, I believe we get "All Access" - mean free on your car, cellphone and computer. After the 1st 4 months, you have to pay for the cellphone and computer but not the car.
Music is not included in the 3 years ‘free’. After the 4 month trial you need to subscribe to get the music/talk/etc programming. The travel link it what you get for 3 years with purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts