Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anybody know the delivery process from factory to North Carolina? Which rail head? Where does it go on truck? Approx time frame?
I'm just curious where in NC :smile:

I'm in the CLT area (but bought from a dealer in SC since it was cheaper).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody know the delivery process from factory to North Carolina? Which rail head? Where does it go on truck? Approx time frame?
I'm just curious where in NC

I live in Virginia right across state line on I77. We purchased from dealer in NC bc VA dealers won’t budge from MSRP! Lol!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Virginia right across state line on I77. We purchased from dealer in NC bc VA dealers won’t budge from MSRP! Lol!
Curious, how much did your NC dealer offer?
I live in PA but ordered from VA dealer and I referred some of the forum members and they got the invoice price offers too.
We are 1000 under invoice (they went 500 under and then we had 500 coupon) on Touring. I found some northern VA dealers that would do invoice but we are so close to the NC line (10 miles) it just made more sense to go there. However NC dealers within 30 miles of ours was asking MSRP and one MSRP plus 2000! These prices have been just everywhere it seems!

·
Registered
287 Posts
We are 1000 under invoice (they went 500 under and then we had 500 coupon) on Touring. I found some northern VA dealers that would do invoice but we are so close to the NC line (10 miles) it just made more sense to go there. However NC dealers within 30 miles of ours was asking MSRP and one MSRP plus 2000! These prices have been just everywhere it seems!
That's a great price. We ordered the Limited and pretty much got the same offer.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I can visually see Vin Diesel using this line of questioning....on the next FAST and the FURIOUS (The Subaru Heist)
This would be a dream come true!!! Maybe I’ve watched the movies so much they have rubbed off on me?? Haha!

RIP ~ Paul Walker ~ till I see you again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm just curious where in NC

CLT area as well, started the process with Williams Andhra MAJOR issues, ended up getting a better price, same trim level and tow package/ stereo upgrade for cheaper from Concord, and will be here faster.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CLT area as well, started the process with Williams Andhra MAJOR issues, ended up getting a better price, same trim level and tow package/ stereo upgrade for cheaper from Concord, and will be here faster.
Yeah. We went there to just SIT in an Ascent a while back and weren't really impressed with the people there. They asked us if we were interested in one and I told them we already pre-ordered from a dealer. They asked what price I got and then said "Yeah. That's a good price" and walked away.

We ordered from Fairway Subaru in Greenville, SC. Jeff Smith has been extremely patient with all my texts asking for updates :smile:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah. We went there to just SIT in an Ascent a while back and weren't really impressed with the people there. They asked us if we were interested in one and I told them we already pre-ordered from a dealer. They asked what price I got and then said "Yeah. That's a good price" and walked away.

We ordered from Fairway Subaru in Greenville, SC. Jeff Smith has been extremely patient with all my texts asking for updates
We had a couple dealers do the same, even told us they can lose money if they want but we can’t. I’m sure they will change that price at delivery, etc. I’m like no your prices is why we are all coming here to test drive because you still have 3 sitting on your lot. Haha! Even had a dealer in Winston Salem tell us he couldn’t use our credit union financing we had to use their banks and the rate was like 2 percent higher... I’m like buddy I wasn’t born yesterday, haha! That alone told me they are not a dealer I would want to associate with!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Asked my dealer

So come to find out, SOA was wrong on my car being shipped to railhead in Jacksonville FL. If you are in NC area our cars get shipped to Walkertown railhead outside of Winston Salem!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Someone on a BMW forum said if you can get the Bill of lading ID from Subaru if going by rail that ID is the rail-car ID and then you can call Norfolk Southerns automated line and track it but don't talk to an operator because it is not for consumers to be able to track.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Someone on a BMW forum said if you can get the Bill of lading ID from Subaru if going by rail that ID is the rail-car ID and then you can call Norfolk Southerns automated line and track it but don't talk to an operator because it is not for consumers to be able to track.
Well now ya tell us... haha! J/k

I wonder how hard that info is to get from Subaru though? It took mine 2 days on train to go from Indiana to NC but then literally has sit at the railhead since last Tuesday only an hour away from my dealership... that struggle has been real! I just wanted to go to the rail yard and get it myself! Haha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts