Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been answered before. I'm new here (just picked up the Ascent last Monday) and when I try searching the forum (I tried multiple browsers) I just get a blank page instead of search results. I did go through as many posts as I could find that seemed likely candidates.

I have the Touring trim with the Harman Kardon. I have been playing with the system some, tweaking what I can find, and looking through the settings, but I don't see anything that might help. I find the max volume on the unit to be too low. Maybe because I am basically deaf after listening to music too loudly in my past. Is there any way to increase the max volume? I watched a couple of youtube videos on the (potential) hidden menus, but it didn't look like there were settings there either. I haven't tried it, though. I'm not really interested in trying to change out the system if that is the only option.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
If, after setting the max volume for each volume control (eg: navigation, music, etc), and after setting the sound output position to mid or front biased, it's still not loud enough, there's nothing I am aware of that you can do for head unit generated sounds (though I do want to doublecheck one of the dealer menus before I say that definitively).

But, you can possibly use a utility or setting on an Android phone to boost volume. That would be dependent on your version of Android, and your phone manufacturer (or require a third party app to be installed).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm interested in this as well...kind of disappointed in the sound quality of the system but haven't found anything other than bass, mis, treble, surround and position adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts