Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great vid! As usual, Subaru focuses on the important things that make "a Subaru a Subaru" - namely safety.

Enjoy! (and try not to tear up a little)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don’t know if this commercial really hit my “feels” - I blame it on the background sound/music selection. I don’t think this commercial would have inspired me to want to get an ascent.

(My wife and I love our Ascent, for the record.)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Subaru has had it's best sales month ever. Selling almost 11,000 Ascents. Marketing this thing is new for Subaru. They have always marketed very well, but the base is expanding. (literally) They missed the mark in every way with the Tribeca. They are making sure it's not going to happen again.

It's working. Everyone with 3 kids or Larger SUV uses is going to benefit from all that Subaru has to offer. What's interesting is how the brand seems to have hit the bulleye when it comes to needs. The Ascent is an urban family hauler. However, Subaru marketing has somehow made it an "adventure vehicle". That could be a family adventure, a memory of time past, or excitement for the future. Subaru makes you believe you need the ability to pack up the Twins, the dogs, all of the bikes, skis and boats, 19 drinks, 25 USB ports ... and head smack into the forces of nature.

I admit they are doing a d*mn good job on the advertising and marketing end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sort of weird for the kid to sit in the middle of the 3rd row...not too sure how safe is that overhead seatbelt

Toyota has a similar commercial with a feuding couple who bond after their Corolla emergency brakes for them while they were fiddling with volume controls

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sort of weird for the kid to sit in the middle of the 3rd row...not too sure how safe is that overhead seatbelt

Toyota has a similar commercial with a feuding couple who bond after their Corolla emergency brakes for them while they were fiddling with volume controls
I would be hard pressed to believe it's not as safe as every other seat belt in the vehicle. The shoulder it to keep you from moving forward, the lap is what keeps you from going up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It gave me the feels but then again, a lot of stuff does. Maybe because my main reason for upgrading to the Ascent was for the safety features. I was driving a fully functioning 2004 Mitsubishi SUV and would have been fine with continuing to drive it until it died (mostly to save money) but I saw all the standard features the Ascent was offering and I realized I couldn't put a price on my family's safety.

I feel like the Ascent is a real investment in my family's future safety. I have never owned a Subaru but I know enough about them to know you cant beat their safety features. I also never planned to spend $40,000 on a vehicle in my life but I took the plunge because I trust Subaru and I'm so glad I did. So far in less than a week of ownership, I have had the eyesight alert me to people slamming on their brakes twice and had the lane departure warning alert me to me crossing the line when I wasn't paying attention. I love this car!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.