Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi from New Jersey. I comb the net nearly every day looking for additional "intel" on the Ascent, so forum seems like a great source for the latest details.

I'm in the market for a 3 row SUV, and am SO eager for the Ascent to come out. Maybe I'm picky, but nearly every other vehicle I'm considering has at least one issue that keeps me from being sold on it. So far, the Ascent checks the most boxes in terms of what I am looking for. My #1 requirement is a comfortable driver's seat, so I am hoping at least the top trim levels have near luxury quality seating.

Do you think the Ascent might have a sub-luxury brand, like the Buick's Avenir?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link to the article, Mr. WRX.

So, production begins 2nd quarter and they also start offering it second quarter? I guess in the best scenario production starts in March, and then takes awhile to make it's way to the dealership? April seems like an unrealistic hope, so likely closer to May/June before it is on the lots.

Looking forward the LA Auto Show (Dec 1 - 10) when the production Ascent model will be unveiled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from New Jersey. I comb the net nearly every day looking for additional "intel" on the Ascent, so forum seems like a great source for the latest details.

I'm in the market for a 3 row SUV, and am SO eager for the Ascent to come out. Maybe I'm picky, but nearly every other vehicle I'm considering has at least one issue that keeps me from being sold on it. So far, the Ascent checks the most boxes in terms of what I am looking for. My #1 requirement is a comfortable driver's seat, so I am hoping at least the top trim levels have near luxury quality seating.

Do you think the Ascent might have a sub-luxury brand, like the Buick's Avenir?
In the same boat. I have a sienna that I want to trade in...almost bought the pilot But something tells me it will be worth the wait for Ascent.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the link to the article, Mr. WRX.

So, production begins 2nd quarter and they also start offering it second quarter? I guess in the best scenario production starts in March, and then takes awhile to make it's way to the dealership? April seems like an unrealistic hope, so likely closer to May/June before it is on the lots.

Looking forward the LA Auto Show (Dec 1 - 10) when the production Ascent model will be unveiled.
You're welcome anytime! :)
I believe you guys will get it first. Canadian version will arrive probably in June or July.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tokyo Auto Show is later this month so that might be an event to look out for even if it means all we're looking at is a locked up pre-production model. Still better than nothing IMO. This years Tokyo Show is said to be a big deal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tokyo Auto Show is later this month so that might be an event to look out for even if it means all we're looking at is a locked up pre-production model. Still better than nothing IMO. This years Tokyo Show is said to be a big deal.
Probably SBR will unveil the 2019 Forester. As for the Ascent, next month at LA autoshow SBR will hold a press conference according Torque News...
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/announced-new-subaru-ascent-will-make-global-debut-la-auto-show

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably SBR will unveil the 2019 Forester. As for the Ascent, next month at LA autoshow SBR will hold a press conference according Torque News...
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/announced-new-subaru-ascent-will-make-global-debut-la-auto-show
I don't get why the media outlets keep saying "next month" when the LA Auto Show starts Dec 1. Maybe a pre-show for the press a day or two before? I was pretty excited when I read next month as it sounds so close, but December still sounds a long way off. (Yep, impatiently waiting is accurate!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't get why the media outlets keep saying "next month" when the LA Auto Show starts Dec 1. Maybe a pre-show for the press a day or two before? I was pretty excited when I read next month as it sounds so close, but December still sounds a long way off. (Yep, impatiently waiting is accurate!)
Usually press conference a day or two prior opening to the public.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They're probably referring to the Tokyo motor show which in that case I can understand, although this is a world product a japanese car maker might still want to show it off in its home market.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They're probably referring to the Tokyo motor show which in that case I can understand, although this is a world product a japanese car maker might still want to show it off in its home market.
Hmm, I don't think the Ascent is being unveiled in Tokyo, though. (Other models are, though) Pretty sure the production Ascent is set for the LA Auto Show, and the reporters are just casually using the term "next month" as in close enough to almost be accurate. :)

Not a big fan of winter, but this is has me looking forward to December.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hmm, I don't think the Ascent is being unveiled in Tokyo, though. (Other models are, though) Pretty sure the production Ascent is set for the LA Auto Show, and the reporters are just casually using the term "next month" as in close enough to almost be accurate. :)

Not a big fan of winter, but this is has me looking forward to December.
That's right! The Ascent will debut at the LA Auto Show next month not Tokyo Motor Show. Ascent available in North America market only.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is Subaru slower than others with the development and roll-out of new models? Seem like we have been waiting forever for this Ascent, ever since the rumors and teases of that first Viziv concept.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For some reason the article is not showing up for me. What's the general gist of the article and is it just a scandal or they have proof?

·
Registered
139 Posts
With that being the case i might just sit out of buying the ascent and just go for something similar from another brand like Toyota. Always liked the Land Cruiser and this might be a reason to buy one

·
Registered
285 Posts
With that being the case i might just sit out of buying the ascent and just go for something similar from another brand like Toyota. Always liked the Land Cruiser and this might be a reason to buy one
Except that it affected Toyota as well. I believe Subaru has stated that their US built cars did not use Kobe Steel. And the Ascent will be manufactured in Indiana.
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/kobe-metal-falsification-scandal-fallout-and-impact-your-subaru

1 - 20 of 20 Posts