Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a youtube video last night and saw that the main cupholders up front were illuminated with a cool blue light. Just wondering if this is specific to a certain trim level or if all trim levels have this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Might have been lighting splashed over from a footwell illumination kit. IDK what the standard color is in the illuminated cup holders, however, its summer so I don't get to test the cars out when its dark.

·
Registered
240 Posts
On a separate (but related) note... if anyone finds GOOD aftermarket illuminated cupholders, I'd be interested in getting some for my Premium.

I've seen a lot of Chinese junk out there, but nothing that looks good or promising.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Genuine OEM lighted cupholder...

On a separate (but related) note... if anyone finds GOOD aftermarket illuminated cupholders, I'd be interested in getting some for my Premium.

I've seen a lot of Chinese junk out there, but nothing that looks good or promising.
You can swap all of those components with the Touring's components. They're here:

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2...84748/CONSOLE-BOX-CONSOLE-BOX/W11-930-01.html

This is the parts drawing for the Touring, where you can see which of the parts you'd need.

In total, it's not that expensive at all, and you can use genuine Subaru parts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can swap all of those components with the Touring's components. They're here:

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2...84748/CONSOLE-BOX-CONSOLE-BOX/W11-930-01.html

This is the parts drawing for the Touring, where you can see which of the parts you'd need.

In total, it's not that expensive at all, and you can use genuine Subaru parts.
So, I'm trying to compare that diagram to the Premium... and they diagrams are identical?

Premium: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2...84748/CONSOLE-BOX-CONSOLE-BOX/W11-930-01.html
Touring: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2...84748/CONSOLE-BOX-CONSOLE-BOX/W11-930-01.html

What am I missing?

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
That is really neat... and probably totally doable.

The only thing I think I'm missing... is there a wiring harness in there already, that would just need to be connected inside the box?
I think "FIG 830" points to the diagram the harness is on. I suspect it just plugs into the center console cubby light (not entirely sure, since everything is split across diagrams and I never pulled the wiring portion of the service manual).

Pretty sure that's not the part number though, but references the center console's diagram. It's a splice job or the harness. Using the Y harness is obviously easier. Alas, I can't find the part number for it, sorry. :sad:

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Look at the "for light" and "light" parts. It's the ring and mat, and the bulb socket (front edge), etc.
I must be missing something obvious. The two diagrams look identical to me.

I haven't noticed the illuminated cup holders in my Premium, but I will look closer tonight.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I must be missing something obvious. The two diagrams look identical to me.

I haven't noticed the illuminated cup holders in my Premium, but I will look closer tonight.
I think the diagrams are the same, but some of the parts don't apply.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
This may help...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
This may help...
I did the same thing on my Ridgeline. I had to purchase the center console part that includes the light strip and then because the harness was not the same, I had to purchase the bulb socket and splice the wire into existing power in the center console. Not a difficult job at all because the plastic trim pieces are easy to remove!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you Robert, some of the things that didn't come on my premium, but were on the limited when I test drove it, you have steered me towards those. Having just bought a 2020 premium 8 passenger, I saw the post and explanation on the side mirrors(dimming with approach) and the stereo upgrade (fosgate) and now this, of which I thought was great on the limited, but disappointed it wasn't on my premium. But no worries, I will get the parts and replace.

I appreciate it.

John C.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Sammie, many of the nice things are considered "accessories" rather than "options". The later can only come from the factory during the build. The former are available on factory order and are installed either at the "'port" just post manufacture or by a dealer. Most accessories are also available as aftermarket parts. If you go to the Subaru web site and "build" your vehicle like it's configured, you can see all the accessories that are available for your particular vehicle and trim in addition to those you mention you are interested in. Note that some accessories have caveats...the auto-dimming side mirrors with approach lights are an example as they also require the auto-dimming center rearview mirror...of which there are two versions. You can make your Premium pretty spiffy relative to features that way. Enjoy!

Reactions: SammieC

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with this?, I purchased the light, mat and lens, yet there is nothing to attach to. I thought the harness might be tucked inside like the mirrors, but it wasn't.

If anyone has any ideas on this, it would seem the only harnesses are to the antenna and the parking switch.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.