Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,429 Posts
@Slagmi you’re getting a roof rack eventually right??
I’ve seen a 10’ kayak bump a windshield from the inside and shatter it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Slagmi you’re getting a roof rack eventually right??
I’ve seen a 10’ kayak bump a windshield from the inside and shatter it!
Wow hope you weren't in the front seat. I'll just carry it over to the swim ladder here. I had a Thule rig for the Outback, I put it on once to see how to install it but then never really used it.
Water Sky Boat Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've brought home 10' 2x10's inside the car when guys that use 4 door cars with open trunks pull a trailer. I mean, why get a truck if you can't carry stuff and need a trailer. For stuff like that a car can pull a trailer as well or get a bigger SUV...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,857 Posts
I've brought home 10' 2x10's inside the car when guys that use 4 door cars with open trunks pull a trailer. I mean, why get a truck if you can't carry stuff and need a trailer. For stuff like that a car can pull a trailer as well or get a bigger SUV...
I've certainly put a few sticks like that in my Ascent, but if I need more than a couple of something, I use my trailer. Today was an example of that for the project du jour...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did replace a bit of odd oak trim recently that for some reason was only in stock in 12' lengths. It fit. Had to bend it a little. That's why I thought I could get the kayak home.
Now our trailer...it's bed is only about 8.5'.
I do miss the integrated bars on the Outback- you simply couldn't leave them at home!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,857 Posts
Siagmi, one of the reasons my 5'x8' trailer was purchased as a fully flat design was because I could put much longer things on it...up to 16' on the centerline, although slightly offset from center now that I installed a winch for my recent shop move. (I very rarely ever buy stuff that long...typically 10'-12' max) I don't do roof racks ever, so no worries about leaving bars at home for me!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol no need to haul. It's going in the lake and back out. I can carry it with one hand. It was one of Dunham's flash sales and I showed up 10 minutes before they closed. This was just to get it home about a 15 minute ride.
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts