Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo.... I am one of the first Ascent owners in my city. Took delivery in June of last year....

For the past two months, I have had issues with my a/c not working.

A/C went out, took it in, two days later they tell me they replaced a sensor and it is now working. Went the next day to pick it up and as I was driving off the lot, the a/c goes out.

Car was left again. A week later, they tell me they replaced a o-ring and a/c line they thought was defective. Went to pick up the car the next day and took it home. Two days later, the a/c went out.

Car was taken again to the dealer and dropped off. They stated the batch of a/c line that was replaced was defective. A week n a half later I get my car back.

Its now been two days and the a/c isnt blowing cold cold air, just enough to get by with this Houston heat.

Each time I have to take the car in to the dealer or pick it up it cost me to use a vacation day from work. Dealer is also located 50 minutes away from me.

Im sure I will be hiring a lawyer to get this lemon law going for me. I love the car, I will probably buy another Ascent (2020) however this is frustrating beyond belief. Specially when you have young kids; I cant have a car without a/c in traffic with this heat.

Im going to the dealer again Monday so we shall see what they can do to make this right. Each time they have given me a loaner and a ‘im sorry’ but thats not cutting it any more...

Sad sad day...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ask the dealer to contact a senior representative to open a case for you. They can do all the lemon paperwork and save time vs going through lawyer if you have already met the lemon law buyback requirements. Just went through this myself with the transmission issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask the dealer to contact a senior representative to open a case for you. They can do all the lemon paperwork and save time vs going through lawyer if you have already met the lemon law buyback requirements. Just went through this myself with the transmission issue.
Have not yet contacted the lawyer but will ask to open a case and see how that goes. Gen Mng of the dealer looks out after the local subaru car club and throws a lot of events and discounts as well so Im sure they can work with me. Ive bought three cars in two years too sooo... they best? Lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
Have not yet contacted the lawyer but will ask to open a case and see how that goes. Gen Mng of the dealer looks out after the local subaru car club and throws a lot of events and discounts as well so Im sure they can work with me. Ive bought three cars in two years too sooo... they best? Lol
Our dealership has been awesome to work with us too! I can’t say anything bad about them. Our second one has been there for 23 days but they can’t get the parts from Subaru. They are on backorder. They have kept me in new loaners through both vehicles so I can’t really complain.

·
Registered
731 Posts
^ Yes, Subaru is notoriously bad with its first model year releases. I’ve had a ton of them and have learned 2nd and 3rd years are much less painful. The rule still applies. Glad I waited for the 2020. Still not perfect, but it’s got a lot of the issues fixed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have been hit and miss with Subaru 1st year releases. Out of the 6 Subaru's that I purchased new, 3 were 1st year vehicles. And only my Ascent has been trouble, new transmission required.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Should I buy a 2020 touring? So many negative reviews.
Not really "many"...compared to the 100K+ Ascents that have been sold. The vast majority of Ascents have not had any issues including those in the limited time frames where a bad part slipped through. That's not saying some folks have not had problems. No make and model is immune from that, especially in the first model year for a brand new vehicle to the market. Ascent is now beyond that first model year...

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 11 of 11 Posts