Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe there aren't 20, but there are a lot. I read them so I knew how to turn on and off the features. I am taking it on a road trip this weekend and needed to figure out everything. My husband thinks I'm a nerd as I read all manuals...appliances, cars, etc. But, hey, I think he is going to not know what to do with some of the features. LOL

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
I also like to read vehicle manuals, I downloaded and read the digital versions of all the Accent manuals before I decided to buy it. Subaru does a pretty good job covering everything, not perfect, lacking in details in some areas of the technology settings.

I find all of the warnings and safety stuff distracting, but necessary I guess.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I read all the manuals, I make a little cheat sheet and write down page numbers plus the topic that I want to remember for the future. That way I have an easy way to go back and check things I've forgotten but thought were important without looking through the whole thing again.

If it's a paper manual, I'll write on the inside/back cover. These days it's usually a notepad doc on my comp where I store the manual :D

·
Super Moderator
2,587 Posts
Even though I have a digital copy downloaded to my Google Drive and saved on my phone, this forum is still invaluable. I like to be able to search the PDF as a reference, but I probably wouldn’t have even thought to look at it for changing a tire. Whodathunk you’re not supposed to put a spare on the front?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
I have a digital copy of each of the manuals backed up in the cloud so I can reference it whenever. There's a lot more information to remember with these cars. hahaha
What did we do before Google drive, Drop Box, etc? It is so much easier to search a PDF than find anything in the paper manuals and they are always within reach.

Reactions: xydadx3 and scooby

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I read all the manuals, I make a little cheat sheet and write down page numbers plus the topic that I want to remember for the future. That way I have an easy way to go back and check things I've forgotten but thought were important without looking through the whole thing again.

If it's a paper manual, I'll write on the inside/back cover. These days it's usually a notepad doc on my comp where I store the manual :D
Do the Ascent manuals come in a digital form?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in IT so I don't read manuals????
Many years ago I caused a guy who writes those manuals to literally headdesk in front of me. He talked about all the manuals he'd written for Windows systems and I finally said, "I don't read manuals. I don't have to. I have a Mac."

That was true at the time. Now everything is more complicated, even Mac stuff!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, maybe there aren't 20, but there are a lot. I read them so I knew how to turn on and off the features. I am taking it on a road trip this weekend and needed to figure out everything. My husband thinks I'm a nerd as I read all manuals...appliances, cars, etc. But, hey, I think he is going to not know what to do with some of the features. LOL
I challenge you now to read the 40+ sections of the Service Manual, the 80+ sections of the wiring diagrams, and for good measure, how about the body repair manual?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts