Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an Ascent Base 2019 with 245 60 / R18 tires. After looking for a long time a tire A/T with the regulatory pictogram for the Canadian winter I finally found the all new FALKEN WILDPEAK AT TRAIL.

I think it is the only one of those features with measures 245 60 / R18 and according to Falken customer service it would be going on sale for Canada and USA in the coming weeks. If anyone has any other 245 60 / R18 (A / T and Pictogram) to recommend the information would be welcome. The idea is to avoid installing a lifting kit at the moment.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looking at their web site they will also have 245/50-20 too. Finally an AT in the stock 20” size. Hopefully more will come.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm glad to see this. I had the 17 inch K02 tires on my Outback for the last 2 winters and they were awesome on pavement and in the snow, but I know there are issues finding a 17 inch wheel for the Ascent with the larger brake calipers and also that's a huge sidewall for a larger vehicle. Does anyone have any input on whether the 20 inch versions will allow for enough tread and clearance without rubbing on the stock 20 inch rims? If so, I'm getting a set of these!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Batigon I live in Vancouver and used them primarily in BC, this included ice and snow, highway driving and some off-roading. I live at the bottom of 3 steep hills and uphill these absolutely destroyed it in heavy snow and coming down the hills with x-mode was a dream. I used them around Whistler a lot too, but not in continuous ice and snow for months on end like most Canadians suffer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@munkycothey Your information is very valuable, thank you! I will wait for these new Falken Wildpeak A / T Trail with pictogram to go on sale and we will see in the tests how efficient and silent they are. As I read, Toyota will equip the Toyota RAV4 TRD All terrain 2020 with these tires. I have expectations in them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts