Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I back my 2019 Touring into the driveway so when I got in to drive this am I approached the car from the rear. Made a left turn out of the driveway and two more left turns to the main road started to accelerate when I got the tire pressure warning showing my right front was at 3 psi. I consider myself an attentive driver but I never noticed anything out of the ordinary. Maybe if I had made right turns surely I would have noticed something. I drove 1.5 miles on a flat tire. The tire shop removed the nail, patched from the inside and inspected for sidewall damage and said tire was repaired. As many bad stories I read about these OEM tires I can't believe I didn't ruin the tire. The pic shows the marks on the road I made when I pulled out of my driveway.
tires2.JPG

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don’t like the delay in the TPMS when first started. It would be nice to know I have a flat before I drive off.

Glad to hear your tire was fixable. with The drive marks I would have thought it was a goner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would have thought you would have felt a pull on the steering wheel. I've had a rear flat at least twice and my steering was effected on other vehicles. Maybe because it's an electric steering ?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,989 Posts
I almost did the same thing the day before yesterday, but actually noticed it was down after doing a screen scrape of the MySubaru display for another thread here in the forums. Sho-nuf...at least one nail plus a quarter inch lag screw in my right rear, sadly they are embedded in a way that I'm going to have to move up my tire replacement schedule.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those sharp objects got my tires twice. I had to have one repaired and unfortunately 3 months later, had to replace another tire because a screw damage was too close to the edge. These 20inch tires are expensive to replace. Luckily the tire replacement happened around 6000 miles so I did not need to have the tire shaved.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
301 Posts
With the Touring model, the tire in question is a 245/50R20. Not to say these are runflat tires or anything, but I bet the stiffer sidewall of this low profile tire helped to "mask" the low pressure, at least at the lower speeds you were driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts