Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered/received Husky Weatherbeaters for my 2020 Ascent.
Reviews on the product have been great- and the price was right in comparison to Weathertech.
Ordered directly from Husky and they arrived yesterday. Went to put them in and the fitment is ridiculous! Terrible coverage, gaps hardly the “custom” look or fit I’ve seen or expected!!?
Anyone else? Someone posted their Maxliners which seemed to fit like factory.
Huge disappointment.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Smartliners by Maxliner are amazing.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
157 Posts
Smartliners looks good. I have weather mats from Subaru I bought online last year. Not great. Coverage is not as good and second row doesn't stay in place. Now I'm thinking about replacing them with Smartlines.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got my new Husky's for my 2021 Ascent. I'll take them anyday over the Weathertech. I looked at the Smartliners but I can't find any reviews of them. The only thing I don't like about the Husky's is I have to trim for the 2nd row cup holders at the back of the center console. I had the standard Subaru rubber liners on my 2018 Outback and after 6 months, the holes for the rubber hold downs on the driver side ripped thru all the way to the back edge.

·
Registered
559 Posts
See if you can send them back and order the Maxliners. Those have been verified to fit all the way to the door sill.

I have no idea why Husky changed their product. I have them on my truck and one of the big reasons I liked them was their liner goes all the way to the door sill on my truck. I waited until some folks had received their Husky liners and noticed that the ones for the Ascent fail to reach all the way to the sill. That's a major fail for something that's supposed to protect your interior.

Just ordered/received Husky Weatherbeaters for my 2020 Ascent.
Reviews on the product have been great- and the price was right in comparison to Weathertech.
Ordered directly from Husky and they arrived yesterday. Went to put them in and the fitment is ridiculous! Terrible coverage, gaps hardly the “custom” look or fit I’ve seen or expected!!?
Anyone else? Someone posted their Maxliners which seemed to fit like factory.
Huge disappointment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The back goes to the sill while the driver/passenger - nope. Thought about returning but they want you to pay for shipping unless it’s defective. And I made the mistake of trimming out the stupid piece in the middle (not sure why it’s even like that).
Saw the Maxliners on Amazon.ca $265 CDN. I may sell the Husky’s at a small loss and go that route.

See if you can send them back and order the Maxliners. Those have been verified to fit all the way to the door sill.

I have no idea why Husky changed their product. I have them on my truck and one of the big reasons I liked them was their liner goes all the way to the door sill on my truck. I waited until some folks had received their Husky liners and noticed that the ones for the Ascent fail to reach all the way to the sill. That's a major fail for something that's supposed to protect your interior.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The back goes to the sill while the driver/passenger - nope. Thought about returning but they want you to pay for shipping unless it’s defective. And I made the mistake of trimming out the stupid piece in the middle (not sure why it’s even like that).
Saw the Maxliners on Amazon.ca $265 CDN. I may sell the Husky’s at a small loss and go that route.
The trimming is to accommodate the drink holder that isn't present in the 8 passenger trim. I too wanted Huskies but didn't buy because of their coverage. I've had the maxliners for a while now and they are great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts