Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then I've noticed a humming sound in my garage and have never really isolated it. After a while it will just stop. Well, this last time it was louder and I traced it down to under the rear of my Touring.

To record the sound, I recorded a video -- ignore the video part and just listen to the sound. Actually ignore the whole video, evidentially one cannot upload a '.MOV' file to the forum.

So what would be mysteriously running back there. The car has not be used for several hours. The hum/whirring sound comes and goes. Car has always be parked.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Every now and then I've noticed a humming sound in my garage and have never really isolated it. After a while it will just stop. Well, this last time it was louder and I traced it down to under the rear of my Touring.

To record the sound, I recorded a video -- ignore the video part and just listen to the sound. Actually ignore the whole video, evidentially one cannot upload a '.MOV' file to the forum.

So what would be mysteriously running back there. The car has not be used for several hours. The hum/whirring sound comes and goes. Car has always be parked.

Any ideas?

Page 9 in the owner's manual will tell you all you need to know about this noise - it's normal.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts

Any ideas?
Page 9 in the owner's manual will tell you all you need to know about this noise - it's normal.

Yep, totally normal, and sometimes, it will clunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.