Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
If only people were designed with 2 feet... 馃槀
The only vehicle I鈥檝e ever been wary about on a hill was a manual with the emergency brake on the floor rather than by my right hand. I didn鈥檛 have 3 feet...

Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
If only people were designed with 2 feet... 馃槀
The only vehicle I鈥檝e ever been wary about on a hill was a manual with the emergency brake on the floor rather than by my right hand. I didn鈥檛 have 3 feet...
I know I'm weird but I've always (almost 60 years) driven automatics using both feet. It just makes sense to me, maybe because farm machinery, airplanes and motorcycles all required using both feet and it just carried over. Owned lots of manuals and automatics at the same time and somehow never got confused about which foot to brake with.

Both my manual 82' & 84' Subaru GL's had the hill holder which was really helpful when teaching my daughter how to drive a stick back in the day.

Registered
It might sound silly, but I use this All The Time in San Francisco. Especially useful for other drivers who come to a stop right behind me on a steep hill. It stays off most of the time, but the minute I come to a full stop on a steep grade, I turn it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.