Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We love our Ascent, but there is one quirk I don't understand. I think I have turned off the radio, but when we start up the car again, the radio comes on automatically. And when I press the power button to turn the radio off when the car is running, I discovered I can turn the same button and the radio is not turned off, just turned down.

Sometimes if we turn the car off with the radio up significantly it scares us when we turn the car back on and the radio begins blaring on its own.

Is there a way to turn the car radio off, so that we have to do something to turn it back on and not have it come on automatically? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m having the same issue. Yes, it makes me scared sometimes. I think it’s an error of the programming? Hope the manufacture notices this error and fixes it asap.

·
Registered
566 Posts
We love our Ascent, but there is one quirk I don't understand. I think I have turned off the radio, but when we start up the car again, the radio comes on automatically. And when I press the power button to turn the radio off when the car is running, I discovered I can turn the same button and the radio is not turned off, just turned down.

Sometimes if we turn the car off with the radio up significantly it scares us when we turn the car back on and the radio begins blaring on its own.

Is there a way to turn the car radio off, so that we have to do something to turn it back on and not have it come on automatically? Thanks.

Try turning it off - you are just muting it. Push the button for a few seconds and it will turn off - the screen will go blank.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I haven't tried the aux jack thing. I currently use the method of keeping SXM on channel 0. When my free trial runs out (if they actually shut the service off) I'll start looking at other solutions.

That's a neat trick! :)

Channel 0 on SXM should remain even after your trial period is over. That's how the user obtains the Radio ID. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kathytn, thank you for your advice. I had no idea I only was muting the radio and not turning it off. I have not had a radio with the
muting feature before, or was not aware of it. I held the button down for a couple of seconds and it did turn off. So thank you. Hopefully the problem, or non-problem, is solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts