Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am about to physically trade my (blue) 2017 Forester XT for a (blue) 2020 Ascent Limited. What can I say - SO says it matches my eyes . . .
I have many, many destinations programmed into my Foz NAV.
How can I transfer them to the Ascent NAV so I don't need to enter them all again?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
In vehicle NAV isn’t exactly known for things like exchanging information with other systems. The unit in your old vehicle and the new one are not likely even made by the same manufacturer. (Ascent uses TomTom nav maps and logic) Manual entry is pretty much the way to move the information.

This is yet another reason I use Google maps...everything is accessible between multiple devices and your new Ascent has CarPlay/AndroidAuto to take advantage of that. I don’t generally use vehicle native NAV for this reason plus the fact that the maps are always a year or two behind even with the latest updates applied. And those updates also start to cost money after a short time period

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is yet another reason I use Google maps...everything is accessible between multiple devices and your new Ascent has CarPlay/AndroidAuto to take advantage of that.
This is the way to go. Just brought in my Ascent for the fuel pump recall and got a base Forester as a loaner. I plugged my Android phone into the front USB-A ports and my favorite Spotify playlist started right up without any fiddling. Just remember to plug the phone in a few seconds after the car and infotainment system have started up. See this thread for a few more AA tips.

I eschew the factory NAV unless I'm in an area without a data signal and I neglected to download offline maps to my phone.

As for transferring settings, this is a manual process as others have stated. I suppose you could ask the dealer to have someone do it for you. However, there will be plenty of other "settings" and adjustments for you to tend to wtih a new vehicle. Adjusting seats, mirrors, seat belt height, eyesight following distance, TPMS metric/imperial, etc.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I am pretty sure the 2017 Foz is a Fujitsu Ten/Clarion based system using Garmin or someone else for Maps, while ours is a Harman Kardon unit using TomTom (as earlier mentioned).

I would be REALLY surprised if there was a way to transfer such things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.