Subaru Ascent Forum banner

How to safely secure a stroller

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ruben Marin 
#1 ·
What straps and ratchets do people use to tie down cargo? The weight of cargo I have is rarely above 200 lbs. I have a kid in a car seat in the third row, and realize I need to keep the seats up as much as possible so cargo is not in the passenger compartment. Sometimes, however, it may be unavoidable, so I want to secure cargo as much as possible. I heard that CargoBuckle has good options. Pictures are a bonus. TIA

#3 ·
Just curious as to why the child seat is in the 3rd row and not the 2nd row? Wouldn't it be easier to have the car seat at 2D and keep all the cargo in the rear? There's more anchor points back there.
But if that's the way you need to go, I agree with @gayewef892, a cargo net is a good option. I think any decent ratcheting strap should be adequate for inside the vehicle. There's no wind forces or anything really straining the straps, so anything with 100lb+ weight limit should be good enough for inside.
You can attach one hook to the anchor point on the rear of the seat, and the other hook to a point underneath the seat. If the strap is long enough, you can wrap it completely around the seat and back to to the anchor point.

#4 ·
Strapping it down at all is a great idea regardless of how it gets done, although I wouldn't trust an elastic cargo net it's really only to keep items from falling out of the hatch area. Some light duty cargo straps would be my recommendation, we usually tried to wedge ours in behind the 2nd row against the seat backs. My only hesitation would be the weight capacity of the cargo area hooks in the rear, maybe the owners manual touches on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.