Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the OEM bulbs with DD LEDs, and am having a heck of a time removing the OEM map light bulbs. I thought they just pulled straight out, but other than wiggling a little bit, they don't want to come out. I am concerned about crushing the bulb with my fingers. For those who've done this, is there a trick to removing these bulbs? I can see some small gray tabs at the base, so do I have to relieve some pressure on these to release the bulb? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm replacing the OEM bulbs with DD LEDs, and am having a heck of a time removing the OEM map light bulbs. I thought they just pulled straight out, but other than wiggling a little bit, they don't want to come out. I am concerned about crushing the bulb with my fingers. For those who've done this, is there a trick to removing these bulbs? I can see some small gray tabs at the base, so do I have to relieve some pressure on these to release the bulb? Thanks.
Disregard the original post - I figured it out.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Disregard the original post - I figured it out.
In case anyone else is wondering, DO NOT twist them!!!!! I did that when I couldn't get them to pull out and with the slightest twist the whole socket ends up inside the head unit and there is no way to get them out without taking everything apart. These (map reading) are the only bulbs that can actually twist.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Anyone else trying to figure out how, I did a video...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts