Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HOW TO: In this video, I'm going to show you how to modify a Subaru Ascent hitch cover for use with a bike rack or similar accessories.

First, you'll need a spare hitch cover. For tools, you need a high speed cutting tool with a circular cutting disc and a drill with a half inch or bigger metal or spade bit.

PN: 57731XC07A

And please don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel. I need to break a thousand to get the good channel features unlocked.

#Subaru #SubaruofAmerica #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubieLove #SubaruAscent #SubaruHowTo

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is awesome! Thank you!

I got spare hitch as soon as I got the car, just did not get around to it.
I definitely suggest faster tools, and a new spade bit instead of a regular drill bit. If you use a spade bit, remember to offset it inwards so the cutting edge doesn't go past the template outline.

I'd have preferred to use a 1" spade bit, but, I was being lazy and didn't feel like emptying my workshop to find one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HOW TO: In this video, I'm going to show you how to modify a Subaru Ascent hitch cover for use with a bike rack or similar accessories.

First, you'll need a spare hitch cover. For tools, you need a high speed cutting tool with a circular cutting disc and a drill with a half inch or bigger metal or spade bit.

PN: 57731XC07A

And please don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel. I need to break a thousand to get the good channel features unlocked.

#Subaru #SubaruofAmerica #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubieLove #SubaruAscent #SubaruHowTo

Great work on this!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nicely done. That's the way that trim piece should have come from the factory. If you don't have a dremel tool, you can also use a jigsaw with a plastic cutting blade. I've cut this type of plastic with success using a jigsaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts