Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for some help to fix the reclining feature of my 2nd row captains chair. Just noticed that when you pull the handle to recline the seat, the handle just comes up easily with no resistance like the other seat that reclines and the seat won’t ever recline. I’m looking for a easy fix before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Hi all! Possibly pulling the wrong handle. There are three handles, each of which are numbered "1" or "2". Use the #1 handle (there's two of them - one located on the back rest, and one located at the fold in the seat). If the seat still doesn't move, wiggle it and simultaneously pull the #2 handle.

The #2 handle (pull up hinged handle in the middle of the side of the seat/bottom rest) is not for reclining - it's to fold the seat all the way forward and unlock it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes thanks for the response Robert. Absolutely the lever located on the back seat works to incline and super useful if you are adjusting from outside the vehicle. But if you are in a seated position this is cumbersome to use and lever #1 will not move the seat back at all as the previous user stated. It’s not catching for some reason but I will try your suggestion. Thanks much!

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Update on this. The dealer replaced the seat frame as it was not functioning correctly and would not allow the #1 lever on the bottom of the seat to recline.
So glad to hear they got it resolved for you! :) Thanks for keeping us updated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts