Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I finally was able to login to mysubaru and enable Startlink (the dealership messed up my email address and took 2 weeks to figure out what went wrong and get it working).
Installed the app to my phone, logged in, upgraded my subscription to include remote services ($73 for 2.5 years + 6 months trial).
Launched the app, I can lock, unlock, locate the car, etc. all working perfectly, the car responds and beeps and all is well.
Then I decided to try remote start and after I setup all the climate control, I get the "Starlink services not available, Try again later" and the vehicle does nothing. Today I tried again and same thing: everything works except for remote start (I have a Limited, so it should work).

What am I missing? Do I need to do something else (setting?) to enable it from the car?

·
Registered
567 Posts
So yesterday I finally was able to login to mysubaru and enable Startlink (the dealership messed up my email address and took 2 weeks to figure out what went wrong and get it working).
Installed the app to my phone, logged in, upgraded my subscription to include remote services ($73 for 2.5 years + 6 months trial).
Launched the app, I can lock, unlock, locate the car, etc. all working perfectly, the car responds and beeps and all is well.
Then I decided to try remote start and after I setup all the climate control, I get the "Starlink services not available, Try again later" and the vehicle does nothing. Today I tried again and same thing: everything works except for remote start (I have a Limited, so it should work).

What am I missing? Do I need to do something else (setting?) to enable it from the car?

You might want to try calling Subaru Support at the 800 number listed on the MySubaru website. I don't have that systems, so I can't help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to try calling Subaru Support at the 800 number listed on the MySubaru website. I don't have that systems, so I can't help.

Nevermind, it fixed itself (???). I was typing an email to Subaru customer service, and as I was writing on the PC the exact steps to reproduce the problem (while doing the steps with the phone app) the car actually started. Then I tried several times more from the phone and the website and it always started. I guess when I upgraded my subscription everything got enabled instantly except remote access which took 2 additional days to work (who knows why).

I'm happy to report it works well now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.