Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
'Rock, that was my fault. I misread your original post, thought you were asking about the popups on the head unit about updates that someone was already asking about and reported it as being in the wrong area. My sincere apologies about that and I'm glad you got things fixed to how you like them. I turn that stuff off too! Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
I manually disabled the "push" notifications, making the checkmark gray, and also disabled all the "alerts". Now when I sign in and hit the "New" button, I get the "do you want to enable push notifications" box. Of which I hit "not now". Then it comes up again. Pretty frustrating.

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Hello

A lot of these pop ups are based in part in your setting, and in part on our site cookies. We use these cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.
That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further. Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.

-Gerrit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts