Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will drive to Canada in a couple of days and I can not find the INFO in the manual to change the main display from MPH to KPH. I am sure it is there, but I can not find it. Anyone know the way to do this?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Will drive to Canada in a couple of days and I can not find the INFO in the manual to change the main display from MPH to KPH. I am sure it is there, but I can not find it. Anyone know the way to do this?
I've never seen an option to do this in the manual, tire pressure yes, but mph no.

Edit: I wonder if the nav system will do this, although I don't remember seeing Canada as one of the regions that can be downloaded.

The analog Speedo has KPH markings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never seen an option to do this in the manual, tire pressure yes, but mph no.

Edit: I wonder if the nav system will do this, although I don't remember seeing Canada as one of the regions that can be downloaded.

The analog Speedo has KPH markings.
I was hoping that the navigation system would at least ask me if I wanted to switch from MPH to KPH when I crossed the border. But I drove the Ascent to Canada in May and no such luck. Glad to know that it can be changed under UNITS.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Thank you. I was sure it could be done, but could not find out how. My wife even checked out the manual and she could not find it. We never thought to look under UNITS. Have tested it and it works. I will switch when in line to cross the border. Thank you again.
Happy you found out how to do this, the manual is pretty vague about what Units means and I blew right by it.

Learned something new!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also I think you have to be stopped or in Park to change that one. While driving you have a reduced set to choose from in that settings and I am not sure thats one you can change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back from Canada and it was nice to finally show KPH on the dash. It was easy to put the Ascent in park while waiting in line to cross the border. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You have to be stopped to do this. I tried to do this while driving (it's so easy in my truck with just one button push), and the display does not show the units menu. The units menu only shows up when you're not moving. Must have been a decision by Subaru's attorneys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts