·
Registered
187 Posts
Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interesting. I thought manual in/out was a bit clunky when I tried it, but wasn't aware of the flex angle thing (motorized or otherwise). Could be a small feature with nice comfort benefits on those road trips.
What I can say is that these are the most comfortable car seat I've sat in for a car in its class. Definitely crushed the various Mercedes we tried when it came to seating comfort (the super high end Mercedes were locked, but at the price, I'd expect any Mercedes to beat it). The luxury vans were obviously more comfortable... but then again, when your captain's chairs are 3/4 of a foot thick foam and padding, I'd hope so. :tango_face_wink:

BUT, if you like super cushy seats, these are not them. They're form fitting and supportive, which is what I look for.

The ratcheting head rests are so much better than the locked ones in my 2010 Outback, and the lumbar support seems drastically improved.

The seat height is far more adjustable than my 2010 OB. So much so that I could be so low that I was looking through the steering wheel, or so high that my head touched the ceiling (to the point that my neck had to be bent). I'm 5'10"

The steering wheel is full telescoping and tilt.

2nd row seats are as nice as the front. Third is less comfy, but, with the seats slightly inclined, I had a little head room. If you like the seats straight, and you're about my height, you'll notice your head touching the ceiling. Also, the third row floor is higher by a couple inches.

An adult my size can fit in all three rows without legs touching, with a little seat arrangement.

And finally, the instrument cluster (speedometer and tach) are a bit different than the OB in that there's no big dial hoods. That makes different seating positions much better (not looking at the edge of the speedometer or tach hoods).

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mercedes seats have never been great. The Ascent seats do look really well designed. That thigh support sure is needed in the OB!! Thats my biggest comfort issue in the OB.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I had the car a month before I found that lever to pull it out. now doing this search I find it is motorized too flex wow! It was already comfortable now its Really comfortable! LOVE IT!

What other wonderful things am I missing? I hate reading manuals though :)

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those manuals are no Game of Thrones, that's for sure!

Wow, I had the car a month before I found that lever to pull it out. now doing this search I find it is motorized too flex wow! It was already comfortable now its Really comfortable! LOVE IT!

What other wonderful things am I missing? I hate reading manuals though :)
Yeah, a thousand pages (literally) of Subie manuals isn't nearly as entertaining as a thousand pages of a Tad Williams or George R.R. Martin book. :grin:

Seriously though, Just grab the digital version from the "Resources" link on the Subaru site and have them handy on your phone, tablet and/or computer - then you can very easily search for any topic you want without flipping through all those pages.

·
Registered
561 Posts
1st thing i said when i saw the interior is how high end the seats looked. But they look better than than felt to me at 1st, but decent for long rides. We'll see how they hold up as the edge is already starting to wear and trying to combat by using 303

1 - 11 of 11 Posts