Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the height of the Ascent (on 20” wheels) with the Thule Force XL carrier installed on top of the Aero crossbars? It would be good to know BEFORE trying to park in a garage! Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Bigger than a breadbox...

Does anyone know the height of the Ascent (on 20” wheels) with the Thule Force XL carrier installed on top of the Aero crossbars? It would be good to know BEFORE trying to park in a garage! Thanks!
All trim levels on any stock tire is the exact same height. With the 2" of the Aero crossbars, your total height will be about 90.85" (7' 6.85").

Those measurements are for the Thule Force XT XL Series. For those following along, the Thule Force XT comes in various sizes, eg: L, XL (info above) and XXL.

XT XXL and XT L are 0.75" taller - dunno why.

• XT XXL: 18"H x 92.5"L x 36"W
    [*]XT XL: 17.25"H x 82.75"L x 32.75"W
  • XT L: 18"H x 75"L x 33"W

The Ascent (to the top of the roof rails) is reportedly 71.6" or 72". The Aero crossbars add up to 2" with mounting hardware considered. Thus, for the XT XL series, I used 73.6" as the Ascent measurement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All trim levels on any stock tire is the exact same height. With the 2" of the Aero crossbars, your total height will be about 90.85" (7' 6.85").

Those measurements are for the Thule Force XT XL Series. For those following along, the Thule Force XT comes in various sizes, eg: L, XL (info above) and XXL.

XT XXL and XT L are 0.75" taller - dunno why.

• XT XXL: 18"H x 92.5"L x 36"W

[*]XT XL: 17.25"H x 82.75"L x 32.75"W
  • XT L: 18"H x 75"L x 33"W

The Ascent (to the top of the roof rails) is reportedly 71.6" or 72". The Aero crossbars add up to 2" with mounting hardware considered. Thus, for the XT XL series, I used 73.6" as the Ascent measurement.
Mr. Mauro (or should I say, Mr. Ascent), coming through big once again. Thank you kind sir. I’ll call it 92” just to be safe. 7ft 8in.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
One last thought on garages...

Mr. Mauro (or should I say, Mr. Ascent), coming through big once again. Thank you kind sir. I’ll call it 92” just to be safe. 7ft 8in.
Lol, never "Mr. Mauro", seems too pretentious... always Rob or Robert... or I guess Mr. Ascent? (though Subaru might have other thoughts, lol)! :grin: :tango_face_wink:

Seriously though, glad I could help!

There's a Yakima one that's about 6" less tall and about as long as the Thule Force XT XXL if that would be better suited to your garage needs.

Also, I don't know what your garage is like (eg: work garage with a ramp, or flat entry garage like many house garages), but remember that at an entry angle, the effective height will increase. Our garage at work is one such garage, and, with the length of the Ascent (and our rather steep entry ramp), I lose about 6" of clearance when the rear is on the ramp and the front isn't (or vice versa) and the opening to the garage is right in between.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Another two questions on @MichaelJohn's behalf, if you don't mind:
  1. Does the lift gate clear it in that position, or did you have to set the max open height lower than full open?
  2. Does it affect radio and/or SiriusXM signal?
1. yes, I have OEM cross bar set almost all the way back and it still clear max open (1st pic)

2. i did not notice any affect on radio and/or SiriusXM signal on my trip (~1200 mi )

3rd pic is all the stuff was in the box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts