Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a long trip by myself and too much time to think. So I was thinking about this topic. This is how I see folks complain on many of the different car forums including this one. Please let me know if I got it right. Feel free to use all or just some of the steps as needed.

Step 1. Do something stupid or expect the car to behave in a manner for which it was not designed. Please note that you need to leave out any important details that will make you look bad.

Step 2. Blame the car itself, the engineers that designed it, the assembly people, the manufacturer, the government, and/or the accountants. Be as belligerent as possible because it makes you look better.

Step 3. Talk about how much the car costs and how it should not have any issues because of the cost.

Step 4. Make up you credentials that makes you an expert in the matter. This keeps others from challenging you and make you look really important.

Step 5. Talk about how your previously owned much fancier car with a prestigious name never had this issue. Feel free to make up the car and what it does. Also the more respected the brand name the better because it will make you look like a big shot.

Step 6. Flame the car and anyone that would be stupid enough to own one.

Step 7. Declare you are fiscally irresponsible and plan to get rid of the car that has such a horrendous and unforgivable fault and it does not matter how much you loose in the transaction.

My example from yesterday:

The fuel door would not open on my piece of **** (forgive the **** but it was important for the example) car. The car is such a bad design the fuel door would not open and left me stranded 120 miles from home. I can’t believe anyone would design a car with such a defect in it that you can’t even put gas in it when you need to. Subaru should be ashamed of itself for ever letting this fuel door go to production. What were they thinking of? This should not happen on a $40k+ car, there is not excuse. This expensive of a car should not have any issues. I am an engineer and this should never have happened. My Mercedes G-wagon never had this issue. Its fuel door was linked to the GPS, the fuel gauge and the cameras and knew when I was wanting to fuel up and would open itself the moment I stopped at a pump. What a crummy car and why would anyone want to own one? I can’t take this car anymore and I will trade it in tomorrow on another Mercedes SUV no matter the cost.

What Really happened:

I found out the fuel door wont open with the car locked.

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
I have been using the internet for over 20 years now. ive owned at least 5 of them, if not more. so i know what i'm talking about here.
i keep typing and the letter i isnt capitalized. i paid a LOT of money for this computer so why should i have to press the shift key just to make a capital i? I seriously cant be bothered to be using a shift key at all, not even once. i dont know whether to blame the keyboard engineers or the computer ones. they should have put this functionality in there.
i purchased the most recent iphone the day it was released and IT capitalizes the letter i for me. so why cant this way more expensive computer do the same thing?
if they dont issue an update soon i'm just going to sell this computer on craigslist and buy an alienware.

how was that? :grin:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have been using the internet for over 20 years now. ive owned at least 5 of them, if not more. so i know what i'm talking about here.
i keep typing and the letter i isnt capitalized. i paid a LOT of money for this computer so why should i have to press the shift key just to make a capital i? I seriously cant be bothered to be using a shift key at all, not even once. i dont know whether to blame the keyboard engineers or the computer ones. they should have put this functionality in there.
i purchased the most recent iphone the day it was released and IT capitalizes the letter i for me. so why cant this way more expensive computer do the same thing?
if they dont issue an update soon i'm just going to sell this computer on craigslist and buy an alienware.

how was that? :grin:
you forgot how hard it is to press the punctuation keys too i mean really why should anyone have seperate sentences as that makes things too easy you can just forget about paragraphs too all this english rules and stuff make me crazy why cant peopel just understand what i write without me pputting all that effort into it then i dont understand why peolpe dont respond and asnwer my questyuns i mean i wasnt rude or anything why cant they figger out what i was writing when i put all this effort into this many keystrokes

·
Registered
927 Posts
(Wow, that was REALLY hard to type!)

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
I help moderate several forum sites including one vehicle related one...one dating back to early 2003. Spot on post, RobertD!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you forgot how hard it is to press the punctuation keys too i mean really why should anyone have seperate sentences as that makes things too easy you can just forget about paragraphs too all this english rules and stuff make me crazy why cant peopel just understand what i write without me pputting all that effort into it then i dont understand why peolpe dont respond and asnwer my questyuns i mean i wasnt rude or anything why cant they figger out what i was writing when i put all this effort into this many keystrokes
Love it. I had to read this twice to catch more of it. The first time my brain autocorrected most of it and I missed most of it. Funny how the brain works.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A little elaboration on Step 5:

My 8 year old X5MLRover that I bought after the warranty expired was starting to cost too much to maintain. A new one is waaay out of my price range, so I paid $46k for an Ascent. WHY ISN'T IT A A LUXURY CAR???!?!?!1 WHY CAN I HEAR THE ENGINE??!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I commend you for actually typing this out!

Will add that this is not limited to car/vehicle forums - I see the whatlookslikeonesinglesentencebutshouldbeseparatedintomultipleparagraphs in many forums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm taking my Ascent Touring in tomorrow for its first service (6,000 miles). I remember reading somewhere on this forum a while ago, that people had issues after they went for the first service, but can't seem to find or remember what they were. Anyone having those issues?

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is just no perfect vehicle!
Right on Robert....so much of the individual expectations for a new vehicle is what you had before. But all vehicles have different issues, either by design or due to features or sub-assemblies. It is also difficult to design handling and driving characteristics for every type and age of driver. If you want a firmer and precise handling SUV, buy a BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne but you will have to spend more than the average mid-size SUV to get it. If largest cargo capacity is your need, buy a Suburban or Expedition. Taking any one need or requirement as the highest need will inevitably cause sacrifices in other aspects of the vehicle.

What you may have left off the list is the type of consumer who typifies “complainer”. No matter what the problem or service, these consumers will complain constantly. Many are price buyers who want to spend the lowest amount of money for something, then complain again and again. In fact price buyers are often the loudest complainers and never are satisfied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts