Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who tried to download his IPhone contacts upon delivery of his 2020 Ascent. The system only downloaded only a few hundred contacts and would not do a complete download of his contact list that was on his iPhone

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
I don't know the answer to how many, but, is there a way to make the iPhone only share a favorites list?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a customer who tried to download his IPhone contacts upon delivery of his 2020 Ascent. The system only downloaded only a few hundred contacts and would not do a complete download of his contact list that was on his iPhone
Found this post:
"I has the same issue with my IPhone XS. I went into the dealer menu and reset the unit.
Hold down home button and press Tune button 6 times.
If you press the Tune button just twice you can access other factory settings.
After unit reset my contacts loaded but recent calls are still missing. My wife’s IPhone 7 all loaded fine."
-wjcahill

Original Post: https://www.ascentforums.com/threads/phone-book-not-fully-downloaded.6463/

There was no follow up / reply so not sure if this worked for the original poster.

I don't know the answer to how many, but, is there a way to make the iPhone only share a favorites list?
Happened to come across this:
"For the iPhone, once connected via bluetooth, don't let it sync contacts upon initial setup. Then go into the bluetooth entry on your iPhone for the Ascent and select the "i" button. Within there you specify sync contacts and then uncheck all contacts and uncheck recent contacts and just check the Favorites." - azieba

Original Post: https://www.ascentforums.com/threads/phone-favorites.7019/post-97225

Not sure if they mean you have to literally uncheck every single contact in a list or if "All Contacts" is a group or something. Hopefully the latter...? Haven't tried this myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts