Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Premium a week ago and have an ETA of September. I'm wondering how long I should wait to contact SOA for an update? I was thinking I might call around the last week of August but I was curious to get other opinions since a lot of you have been there, done that. Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered my Premium a week ago and have an ETA of September. I'm wondering how long I should wait to contact SOA for an update? I was thinking I might call around the last week of August but I was curious to get other opinions since a lot of you have been there, done that. Thanks!
Depends on how much you like torturing yourself. There's really no need to contact SOA if you have a responsive salesperson as the dealer portal provides the information Subaru will give you. I check in with my dealer about once every 3 weeks to see if anything has changed

·
Registered
217 Posts
When you order, you get a VON, once the vehicle goes into production you should be able to get a VIN. I would ask my dealer to get you a VIN asap so you can check on insurance costs. Once you get the VIN, ask for a new ETA. I contacted SOA when I couldn't get satisfaction from my sales person when I started seeing on this site that others who ordered about the same time were starting to get delivery. They told me it was on a truck and should be delivered tomorrow. A couple hours later, my sales person called and told me it just arrived. Sooo, the wait is agonizing. Good Luck and it's worth the wait.

Reactions: Xandersmama85

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’d start asking around mid-August. You never know it could get humped up to late August, but you won’t know unless your salesperson tells you or you reach out to them or SOA.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We ordered in May for Month of Sept, called this morning no updates and still no VIN. The wait is torture!

·
Registered
411 Posts
it's pure ****! ordered 6/29 and was told Sept. I don't have a VIN yet. but i will reach out to my sales guy end of week and see if there is any new information.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just be patient. I have people that ordered in March and still don't have ETAs or VINs other than "month of september." It just takes time. The 2 weeks off for the factory workers has obviously slowed down a few things.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sometime around the middle to the end of August. Once your salesman sees a VIN, THEN things will start to happen. Until then, just don't worry about it. (Seriously, if it's an 8 week lead time, you won't see ANYTHING for 4 weeks and will only drive yourself nuts.)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sometime around the middle to the end of August. Once your salesman sees a VIN, THEN things will start to happen. Until then, just don't worry about it. (Seriously, if it's an 8 week lead time, you won't see ANYTHING for 4 weeks and will only drive yourself nuts.)
Thanks for that info Carl! I’m sure you guys get tired of us impatient we want it yesterday people! Lol ?. Guess I will wait until Aug to call back... sigh! ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Im in the same boat. I will leave my poor sales guy alone for another month lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very wise advice from Carl.On my first preorder(long story,search McKenna) I tried to figure out what the VON # had to do with when I would get my car/nothing ,just a number...Then the VIN # / not much but at least it is scheduled to be built....The people at SOA are very very nice...But the info is not always very accurate...They told me my first order(placed 2/28/19) was on the train on July 9th for example....It was at the dealer the next day......
So just relax for awhile and do not try to figure things out. You’ll be much happier .:smile_big:

·
Registered
33 Posts
One would think they send a welcome email and a tracker on the web of some sorts. After all we put down a deposit.. decent amount. Heck even Domino's has a tracker for some thing that gets delivered in 30 mins ?. Lot of scope for improvement in the industry I suppose. Wondering if should have gone after something the dealership was getting in August vs. the wait for my build for September...hmmm..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just curious, once you got the VIN how soon was your expected delivery?
Truth be told, I was given a ETA of July 6 when I called the dealer on July 2 for an update. I contacted them again when I didn't hear anything by July 12, asked whether they had a VIN (which they sent me then) and a new ETA of July 31. So maybe they had the VIN for awhile and didn't tell me until I asked?

·
Registered
583 Posts
One would think they send a welcome email and a tracker on the web of some sorts. After all we put down a deposit.. decent amount. Heck even Domino's has a tracker for some thing that gets delivered in 30 mins ?. Lot of scope for improvement in the industry I suppose. Wondering if should have gone after something the dealership was getting in August vs. the wait for my build for September...hmmm..
If you don’t like waiting maybe so.Thow out reasonableness,logic, etc....when waiting for your car....It has been said already, maybe check on the status a month before the ETA....Otherwise don’t think about it....You will probably be happier....

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you don’t like waiting maybe so.Thow out reasonableness,logic, etc....when waiting for your car....It has been said already, maybe check on the status a month before the ETA....Otherwise don’t think about it....You will probably be happier....
Well, I agree on the not thinking part. Done that enough with the research before deciding. I already feel at ease. But really, the reasonableness, logic etc also applies to customer expectations on contact and updates, we are in 2018. But the sales person at the dealership is pretty good at responses. So yes, I will stick to the periodic checks rather than incessant anxiety ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.