Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been through all types of documentation, but cannot seem to find out how my Ascent receives info from my mysubaru app. I know you can get a cellular connection through ATT, but I don't subscribe to that. So, when I say "Locate my car", or "remote start" how does the car actually receive those commands? Is there some sort of other cellular connection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks James. thought it had to be some sort of cellular connection. So, if I understand correctly, the starlink safety plus and security plus use ATT as long as you subscribe to the starlink system, and it's just the wifi feature that is priced separately. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yep. Car communicates via AT&T cell towers. Your phone receives the info via whatever internet connection it has, cell (any carrier), wifi or USB cable.

Wifi hot spot is a separate feature, also over AT&T.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks James. thought it had to be some sort of cellular connection. So, if I understand correctly, the starlink safety plus and security plus use ATT as long as you subscribe to the starlink system, and it's just the wifi feature that is priced separately. Is that right?
STARLINK

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,263 Posts
Subaru uses the ATT Wireless network physically as the infrastructure for Starlink services. It's embedded in the system. That includes base services that are used/provided by Subaru as well as the two levels of subscription based features you can opt into for an annual or multi-year fee. The "hotspot" feature, while using the same cellular radio, is a separate subscription that you enter into with ATT Wireless directly, either as an add-on to an existing relationship or as a stand-alone subscription.

Reactions: rvdv
1 - 7 of 7 Posts