Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my ascent in large part to use for camping. I like to bring my golden retriever and have been putting her in the second row. This does take a good bit of room though and I'd like to put both rows of seats down. However, this leaves the big gap between the second and third rows. I don't want her legs going into the gap and getting hurt. Has anyone come up with an easy way to plug the gap? I'd rather not have to put in and carry around a wooden plank as I don't have any easy place to store it when not in use. I'd love to hear how others have addressed this issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
My first suggestion is a foam roller its a high density cylinder of foam used in physical therapy can be had cheap via Amazon. I think they sell different sizes too

·
Registered
260 Posts
Maybe you could take a bunch of pool noodles, tape them together side-by-side, and fit them into the gap? Just an idea, those pool noodles aren’t terribly expensive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gap

My issue as well. I'm assuming you have the bench second row...I'm surprised Subaru missed this it is a pretty big gap. Im considering modifying a universal cargo mat that can slide over the second row when down and just keep it in the cargo area.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Craft foam - buy at Michael's, JoAnn's, Roberts or places like that. 5" thick is what I used. Wedges in well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my ascent in large part to use for camping. I like to bring my golden retriever and have been putting her in the second row. This does take a good bit of room though and I'd like to put both rows of seats down. However, this leaves the big gap between the second and third rows. I don't want her legs going into the gap and getting hurt. Has anyone come up with an easy way to plug the gap? I'd rather not have to put in and carry around a wooden plank as I don't have any easy place to store it when not in use. I'd love to hear how others have addressed this issue. Thanks!
Gap

My issue as well. I'm assuming you have the bench second row...I'm surprised Subaru missed this it is a pretty big gap. Im considering modifying a universal cargo mat that can slide over the second row when down and just keep it in the cargo area.
A friend recommended 4" wide T molding. It is hard to find in that width. Here is the source I am ordering from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts