Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to figure out how to stop the navigation (android auto) process once I start it without exiting AA and closing it down completely. The scenario is that I enter a location to drive to, the navigation starts up and proceeds with telling me how to get there. So far everything is appropriate. I then decide I no longer want to go to that destination and I do not want navigation to continue to tell me at every intersection how to correct my mistake in getting to the original destination entered. How do I delete the destination originally entered? Preferably I would like to accomplish this hands free.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Hi Packout! Two options:

• You can press the magic button (Android wake button) and say "Cancel navigation"
  • You can press the little "X" next to the transit time/miles/arrival time info (see image - left of 56 min/52 mi)
Depending on the navigation activity, the second option may require a confirmation.

There is a THIRD entirely hands free option that works for many/most/some.
My car/phone hears when I say "OK Google" or "Hey Google". So, I can say "Hey Google... cancel navigation" and do it entirely hands free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts