Subaru Ascent Forum banner

How can i get black rims to fit my current tires?

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  ericjkelly 
#1 ·
I have a white 2021 Subaru Ascent. I love my baby, but it would look so good with black shiny rims. Can I find rims that I can use my 20 inch tires with? Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
DEFINITELY talk to my friends at @Discount Tire to get your rims, and tell them I sent you. You can message them through this forum. They are who set me up with my black rims for my Ascent. More importantly, they know what the Ascent needs to safely perform on the road, and they know what lug nuts each rim choice requires for the Ascent, and they know if you will need hub centric rings as well.

They'll get you set up with rim choices that can carry the Ascent's weight, on and off road, as well as the proper hardware to properly mount those rims to your Ascent.

They carry a wide selection of rims, from delicate looking ones (that are strong enough to carry the Ascent), like mine... to really beefy looking ones like the Method MR502. If you're not near a Discount Tire store, they can ship rims and tires directly to your favorite installer.

#7 ·
A few people have had their powder coated instead of getting new ones.

#13 ·
Just an FYI, I Plasti-Dipped the rusting front bumper on a Suzuki Samurai I own. No prep other than a wash and let-dry. That was 3 years ago and still holding up great. No peel but maybe a little fade since it's parked outdoors. I am not sure since it's dirty this time of year as I use this car a lot to go skiing. (Crazy drivers on snow covered mountain roads and $45,000 Ascent don't mix if there's a $3,000 Samurai in the barnyard.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.